Cook once; eating 3 times and counting...
I smoked my first whole packer this past Saturday, which lead to:
1) my first burnt ends; man those things made it worth the effort. Never had them before this and I am totally in love with them now.
2) I tried a spicier rub then I have done before which made the meal a whole new experience. Watch the video to see the recipe borrowed from DD&D.
YouTube - MoGridders dry rub and DavidLSI's first burnt ends...
3) more meat than the family could eat in one meal, which presented a problem I have not had before. It took more time than I would have liked to get it up to 140, like it was stalled in the 130's for a long time.
4) Quesodillas the second night
5) Tonight I made a beef barley soup which brings me to the reason for this post... Man on man does that smokey flavor make soup something special.
Congrats on your first packer. The learning never stops and you just get more critical of yourself on every cook..... that's what makes it fun.
Those burnt tips are over the top, huh? My boys beg me to cook a brisket, just for the burnt tips.
I am with you all the way on that smoked soup! Have you tried smoked turkey soup or smoked chicken soup? I do love the beef barley though! Makes the cold weather worth it..... oh that's right, I live in California!
Loves me some burnt ends..just an other thought for your leftovers Brisket Chili oh so good.
Oh, yeah....those chewy, smokey burnt ends.....:thumb:
Nice job! Looks like you may need to invest in a Foodsaver vacuum sealer!:becky:
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.