The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Adam Perry Lang: BBQ 25 (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100465)

42BBQ 02-10-2011 07:59 AM

Adam Perry Lang: BBQ 25

Hey all, just picked up BBQ 25. I plan on cooking my way through the book, every recipe, over the next little while. Don't care how long it takes me, just want to try it all. Anybody have a favorite cook from the book? Letting my wife pic first this weekend. My main goal is to expand my Que knowledge by trying a bunch of stuff I have not cooked yet. Plenty of pron to come.

smokeyw 02-10-2011 08:36 AM

If it is as good as his book "Serious Barbecue", I will have to have it. Adam Perry Lang is a great cook in my opinion and I loved using some of his recipes.

eddieh70301 02-10-2011 08:44 AM

I don't have APL's new book, but I do have APL's Serious Barbeque that's pretty good. But the best book I have is Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue.

BBQ Grail 02-10-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42BBQ (Post 1542868)
Hey all, just picked up BBQ 25. I plan on cooking my way through the book, every recipe, over the next little while. Don't care how long it takes me, just want to try it all. Anybody have a favorite cook from the book? Letting my wife pic first this weekend. My main goal is to expand my Que knowledge by trying a bunch of stuff I have not cooked yet. Plenty of pron to come.

I don't have it near me so I don't remember the name but the chicken recipe is awesome.

Sir Larry of Rocklin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokeyw 02-10-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddieh70301 (Post 1542904)
I don't have APL's new book, but I do have APL's Serious Barbeque that's pretty good. But the best book I have is Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue.

I have Championship Barbecue too, but I like Serious Barbecue better. Just my opinion.

BBQ Grail 02-10-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ Grail (Post 1542913)
I don't have it near me so I don't remember the name but the chicken recipe is awesome.

Sir Larry of Rocklin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the Spatchcock Chicken recipe. I got the book and loved the recipe so I got permission to put it on my blog. Here it is if anyone else wants to try it.

Adam Perry Lang's Spatchcock Chicken

JD McGee 02-10-2011 10:03 AM

The Beef Back Ribs recipe is killer...so is the Boneless Leg of Lamb (award winning as well I might add).

smokeyw 02-10-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ Grail (Post 1542945)
It's the Spatchcock Chicken recipe. I got the book and loved the recipe so I got permission to put it on my blog. Here it is if anyone else wants to try it.

Adam Perry Lang's Spatchcock Chicken

Thanks for the recipe Larry. I will definitely try that one out. It looks great!!

Smokin' D 02-10-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD McGee (Post 1542975)
The Beef Back Ribs recipe is killer...so is the Boneless Leg of Lamb (award winning as well I might add).

Gotta second the beef rib recipe, fabulous! It's the only one I've done from that book but I don't think you will go wrong with any of the choices.

likeadeere 02-10-2011 11:34 AM

I cooked his competition Chicken thighs. It sounded amazing. But he recommends 2 hours of smoke, and they came out really dry. It was a fun process, and I'm sure I gained a lot of knowledge, but very disappointing result. Could be operator error too, I've got a lot to learn. The one thing I love about his books, beside the great pics and tips, is his passion for bbq.

swibirun 02-10-2011 12:00 PM

I have to also recommend the beef back ribs. That is my favorite way to make them now. The Apple and Sage grilled pork chops were also a big hit for us. (http://www.nibblemethis.com/2010/10/...ork-chops.html)

SmokinOkie 02-10-2011 02:47 PM

So, start a blog, put pictures and how each one went. A lady did that for Julia Child's book and they made a movie about it, maybe you can get to Adam with it.

Interesting idea. Good luck.

LT72884 02-13-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokinOkie (Post 1543299)
So, start a blog, put pictures and how each one went. A lady did that for Julia Child's book and they made a movie about it, maybe you can get to Adam with it.

Interesting idea. Good luck.

for sure do the blog. I use wordpress.org as my manager and i have my own server. to keep it simple, you can use blogger