The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Adam Perry Lang: BBQ 25 (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100465)

42BBQ 02-10-2011 07:59 AM

Adam Perry Lang: BBQ 25
 
Hey all, just picked up BBQ 25. I plan on cooking my way through the book, every recipe, over the next little while. Don't care how long it takes me, just want to try it all. Anybody have a favorite cook from the book? Letting my wife pic first this weekend. My main goal is to expand my Que knowledge by trying a bunch of stuff I have not cooked yet. Plenty of pron to come.

smokeyw 02-10-2011 08:36 AM

If it is as good as his book "Serious Barbecue", I will have to have it. Adam Perry Lang is a great cook in my opinion and I loved using some of his recipes.

eddieh70301 02-10-2011 08:44 AM

I don't have APL's new book, but I do have APL's Serious Barbeque that's pretty good. But the best book I have is Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue.

BBQ Grail 02-10-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42BBQ (Post 1542868)
Hey all, just picked up BBQ 25. I plan on cooking my way through the book, every recipe, over the next little while. Don't care how long it takes me, just want to try it all. Anybody have a favorite cook from the book? Letting my wife pic first this weekend. My main goal is to expand my Que knowledge by trying a bunch of stuff I have not cooked yet. Plenty of pron to come.

I don't have it near me so I don't remember the name but the chicken recipe is awesome.



Sir Larry of Rocklin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokeyw 02-10-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddieh70301 (Post 1542904)
I don't have APL's new book, but I do have APL's Serious Barbeque that's pretty good. But the best book I have is Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue.

I have Championship Barbecue too, but I like Serious Barbecue better. Just my opinion.

BBQ Grail 02-10-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ Grail (Post 1542913)
I don't have it near me so I don't remember the name but the chicken recipe is awesome.



Sir Larry of Rocklin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the Spatchcock Chicken recipe. I got the book and loved the recipe so I got permission to put it on my blog. Here it is if anyone else wants to try it.

Adam Perry Lang's Spatchcock Chicken

JD McGee 02-10-2011 10:03 AM

The Beef Back Ribs recipe is killer...so is the Boneless Leg of Lamb (award winning as well I might add).

smokeyw 02-10-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ Grail (Post 1542945)
It's the Spatchcock Chicken recipe. I got the book and loved the recipe so I got permission to put it on my blog. Here it is if anyone else wants to try it.

Adam Perry Lang's Spatchcock Chicken

Thanks for the recipe Larry. I will definitely try that one out. It looks great!!

Smokin' D 02-10-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD McGee (Post 1542975)
The Beef Back Ribs recipe is killer...so is the Boneless Leg of Lamb (award winning as well I might add).

Gotta second the beef rib recipe, fabulous! It's the only one I've done from that book but I don't think you will go wrong with any of the choices.

likeadeere 02-10-2011 11:34 AM

I cooked his competition Chicken thighs. It sounded amazing. But he recommends 2 hours of smoke, and they came out really dry. It was a fun process, and I'm sure I gained a lot of knowledge, but very disappointing result. Could be operator error too, I've got a lot to learn. The one thing I love about his books, beside the great pics and tips, is his passion for bbq.

swibirun 02-10-2011 12:00 PM

I have to also recommend the beef back ribs. That is my favorite way to make them now. The Apple and Sage grilled pork chops were also a big hit for us. (http://www.nibblemethis.com/2010/10/...ork-chops.html)

SmokinOkie 02-10-2011 02:47 PM

So, start a blog, put pictures and how each one went. A lady did that for Julia Child's book and they made a movie about it, maybe you can get to Adam with it.

Interesting idea. Good luck.

LT72884 02-13-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokinOkie (Post 1543299)
So, start a blog, put pictures and how each one went. A lady did that for Julia Child's book and they made a movie about it, maybe you can get to Adam with it.

Interesting idea. Good luck.

for sure do the blog. I use wordpress.org as my manager and i have my own server. to keep it simple, you can use blogger


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.