Leftover Pulled Pork

Big Mike

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I had some pulled pork but was craving Mexican so I decided to make some stuffed poblanos.

I started off by making my own chile sauce. I de-seeded 8 New Mexico chiles and added them to a pot with 1 1/2 cups of water, some garlic, oregano, cumin and a shot of red wine vinegar. As you can see, I need to work on my de-seeding skills.

While that was simmering, I stuffed 3 poblanos that I had roasted in the oven. I put a little rice in the bottom followed by the pulled pork and some onion and continued to cook them.

While they were cooking, I put the simmering sauce mixture in a blender and then returned it to the pot to continue simmering and thicken. When the peppers were ready, I topped them with the chile sauce and some Queso Fresco and served with some refried beans.

It turned out pretty darn good. Now I have a new use for pulled pork.

That's the best use of leftover PP I've seen so far. Great job!!

I am going to make pulled pork next week, I will have to give those a try! They look relish!!!

We are having pork bowls inspired by Chipolte tonight. So many good options when it comes to left over PP. I usually do 2 butts at a time and freeze it in 1LB bags. Thanks for t he new idea. those looked great.

Way to go, use it all up. Looks like a good meal.

Very nice, I do a very similar thing with left over brisket. Looks tasty.

Back