The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I was on BBQ Crawl Tonight (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169168)

mep 08-21-2013 10:01 PM

I was on BBQ Crawl Tonight

I was at Oklahoma Joe's for lunch on the day they were shooting tonight's episode of BBQ Crawl. I told my friends that they were shooting Danielle of DivaQ but they didn't know who I was talking about.

Anyway, I saw myself in the background a couple of times. My wife got excited and was yelling, "there you are, there you are" each time it happened. Pretty cool!

mrbill 08-21-2013 10:08 PM

your joy is the only happiness I can find in that show. I don't know why, but I can't stand her. but since a brethren got some screen time, I have a smile.

BBQchef33 08-21-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbill (Post 2597306)
your joy is the only happiness I can find in that show. I don't know why, but I can't stand her. but since a brethren got some screen time, I have a smile.

2 brethren got screen time.. Danielle's a long time member here too. :icon_smile_tongue:

mrbill 08-21-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33 (Post 2597325)
2 brethren got screen time.. Danielle's a long time member here too. :icon_smile_tongue:

open mouth, insert foot:icon_blush:

edit- in regards to Smitty's post below, I liked her on Pitmasters so I watched some of the "Crawl" episodes, not sure why, but they just didn't "do it" for me and stopped watching, leading to my previous post. if given the chance to meet her in person, I would. she's definitely accomplished more than I ever will in the BBQ world and maybe w/o editing my view would change.

SmittyJonz 08-21-2013 10:35 PM

I didn't like her on BBQ PitMasters much ( seemed like a b!+^&) - but I like her on BBQ Crawl and I like the show. :grin: She does say "Oh Good Gravy" ALOT tho....LOL

Tonybel 08-21-2013 10:47 PM

Can you Post a pic of yourself so I can know who to look for...

foppa78 08-21-2013 10:57 PM

Thats very cool. I was watching closely to see if there was anyone I knew in the background. I was in the background on bbq pitmasters last Sunday when it was filmed here in Lees Summit.

mep 08-21-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonybel (Post 2597343)

When watching BBQ Crawl, you have to look really fast cause if you blink you will miss it. I'm in the video on this thread that I shot about my Assassin Smoker.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh....php?p=2559357

foppa78 Thats awesome that you were in the background on Pitmasters.:clap2:

DeepElemCue 08-22-2013 01:19 AM

Like the show or not, she could kick all of our butts in a competition. Homegirl knows her way around a pit. I think a lot of guys are intimidated by her and her confidence can be mistaken for bitchiness.

Tom Sr 08-22-2013 02:07 AM

Deep I think you nailed it. She's confident and not afraid to talk smack with the boys

lantern 08-22-2013 05:32 AM

LOL!!! Sounds like when we were on the front row at a ppq wrestling event. Kept getting calls from peeps screaming that they can see us.

Now on to Diva... I absolutely love watching her. To have someone on tv that has the same passion I have for food and bbq is really enjoyable to watch. I hope she wants to and gets the opportunity to be on more shows like this.

For Diva or those that know her.... Are the expressions like "oh good gravy" a regular thing or are they substitutes for what would normally be not so good for tv language? LOL

Pappy 08-22-2013 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonybel (Post 2597343)

He's the one covered in sauce and licking all of his fingers. :becky:

KingRanch450 08-22-2013 06:27 AM

I was thrilled there was another Q show on TV to watch. Love Diva...she's very passionate about what she does, is rightfully confident in her skills and is very outgoing...I guess some mistake that as something else....people say the same things about Myron. I'd love a chance to meet her in person...I'm betting she's a good ole down to earth lady....even if she is from Canada...aay

Icekub 08-22-2013 06:42 AM

She came to our site last year at a comp during the early morning hours. Prior I was not much of a fan b/c I tend to root for the more humble competitor when given a choice (also wasn't a fan of her interaction w/ Vlad, her hubby, when he tossed some rub she needed on pitmasters). BUT, I also remembered that what I saw on TV was what I saw on TV and not the real person. She was quite pleasant to talk with and I decided that she was type of person I'd like to kick back and have a cold one with sometime. And you can't help but respect what she has done in the BBQ world. BBQ crawl captures her personality a little more accurately (albeit another TV show and made to be family friendly). I'm glad the show has been renewed and hope to run into her at another comp.

John Bowen 08-22-2013 07:35 AM

She is working hard and paying her dues - I wish her well.

It is always fun to be on site and get in on the fun - don't know why but it is still fun.