Hey Sako, Moose, GTR, Belgium Guy, Phubar, 16Adams, Cowgirl, Tittch n More......

I'm debating driving or flying. Driving will be a cool little vacation plus I can bring my gear and swords. :becky:

What's the closest airport. Killeen?

I'm debating driving or flying. Driving will be a cool little vacation plus I can bring my gear and swords. :becky:

I’m not sure. Probally fly into Austin n drive up.? Flying or Driving y’all could plan it for a few days and do a bbq tour. Hit a few of the famous bbq joints plus the Bash. You’d be a couple hours closer to most of them than you would be if in Dallas/Ft Worth area.........

Google tells me it’s 68 miles from airport in Austin to Belton........

Hmmm I wonder if Paul would let me crash at his place and if we both could get a cpl days off and go on the BBQ tour with y’all on Thurs/Fri then Bash on Saturday. Hmmmmm

Last edited:

killeen is the closest but i like smitty's idea of being in austin. there is much more to do in austin than the belton/temple/killeen area.

I’ve actually Never been to any of the Famous/Historic BBQ Joints besides my driveway and the Tx Bash(s).......:mrgreen:

i drive thru Taylor, Austin, Llano all the time for work. i just recently started stopping at some places. good stuff but not as mind-blowing to me as to others. maybe one time for each place. for $25-$30 i can buy a brisket and eat for days.:laugh:

That sounds awesome actually. Been wanting to do that forever. Hell, drive another six hours east and visit my lil bro in LA. Or fly.

Ok. I'll start planning my itinerary now. Thanks fellas! If I drive maybe pool with the SoCal farkers? If you guys are down for an awesome trip?? I have no problem driving if you guys are down?

That sounds awesome actually. Been wanting to do that forever. Hell, drive another six hours east and visit my lil bro in LA. Or fly.

Ok. I'll start planning my itinerary now. Thanks fellas! If I drive maybe pool with the SoCal farkers? If you guys are down for an awesome trip?? I have no problem driving if you guys are down?

Can I fly to LA and catch a ride back to Texas? Sounds like a really fun roadtrip.

Hey Paul, which of them “ Famous” Q Joints are easy drive from Austin or Belton.? Any line out where one could Hit one for lunch then head to another for supper.? Hit 2 Thursday then 2 Friday then Sat Bash.?

Black Box in Georgetown
LA BBQ in Austin
Louie Mueller and Taylor Cafe in Taylor
Miller's in Belton

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back