What would you pick if.........

Beaumont

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Bill
OK. Im looking for something that I can grill with and smoke. I know AZ BBQ Outfitters are very good, but which one would you go with if your looking for something that can do it all?

Boothill Smoker/Grill
Video
stacks-image-6887bbe-500x374.jpg

or

Sedona BBQ Pit with a Santa Maria grill.
Video
page9-1001-full.jpg

Last edited:
Personally I like the Sedona. They both look well-built and innovative, but it just feels to me like the Boothill is trying to be too many different things in one cooker. With the Sedona you have a smoker and a grill that are separate and don't require you to jump through thirty steps to change up. And with the Sedona you can be smoking brisket and grilling something else at the same time.

Also, if you're in Grand Rapids, MI, you might want to look for something with more insulation so you're not going through an entire forest to smoke a few butts.

Last edited:
Personally I like the Sedona. They both look well-built and innovative, but it just feels to me like the Boothill is trying to be too many different things in one cooker. With the Sedona you have a smoker and a grill that are separate and don't require you to jump through thirty steps to change up. And with the Sedona you can be smoking brisket and grilling something else at the same time.

Also, if you're in Grand Rapids, MI, you might want to look for something with more insulation so you're not going through an entire forest to smoke a few butts.

That's a darn good point. I have been going back and forth for so long it is driving me crazy:icon_shy

That's a darn good point. I have been going back and forth for so long it is driving me crazy:icon_shy

Grand Rapids isn't too far from Peoria where they make the Peoria Cookers. Just sayin'...

Also, if you cut down I-57, over to US 24 across to I-55 to I-74, you can avoid the worst of the Chicago traffic on I-80. :becky:

Grand Rapids isn't too far from Peoria where they make the Peoria Cookers. Just sayin'...

Also, if you cut down I-57, over to US 24 across to I-55 to I-74, you can avoid the worst of the Chicago traffic on I-80. :becky:

Im new to stick burners. I have a kamado right now so I dont know all the name brands. AND I hunt about an hour from Peoria. Thanks for the advice!

Im new to stick burners. I have a kamado right now so I dont know all the name brands. AND I hunt about an hour from Peoria. Thanks for the advice!

The Meat Monster with the internal firebox would be a smooth transition from a kamado. Both are heavily insulated and easy to use.

Whereabouts do you hunt?

The Meat Monster with the internal firebox would be a smooth transition from a kamado. Both are heavily insulated and easy to use.

Whereabouts do you hunt?

I hunt around the Galesburg area. I also have 400 acres up here in Michigan

Ill be heading down to the farm in November for over a week. Ill have plenty of time during the mid-day for a road trip.

I'd be happy to feed you and let you check out the Meat Monster. You might also want to check out the hunting around here. Pike County whitetails are famous enough to bring people from Dale Earnhart Jr. to Ted Nugent here to hunt. :becky:

I'd be happy to feed you and let you check out the Meat Monster. You might also want to check out the hunting around here. Pike County whitetails are famous enough to bring people from Dale Earnhart Jr. to Ted Nugent here to hunt. :becky:

Thanks much for the advice and offer!!!

I've shown my bias in your other post but I like the Sedona setup. I prefer cookers that are specialized to a function vs trying to have one that does everything -- plus it's just plain cool looking. Really love the look of the Tombstone Tom b posted but worry a bit about the height of the Santa Maria. Looks to be quite a bit higher than when they build it on a stand alone basis.

Yes they are, my friend runs an outfitter out of Calhoun/Pike County.

I’m in Rockford/Ada if you want to check out my cooker.

Any reason you want a multi-tasker, instead of multiple cookers? I can't say anything about the AZ outfiters, other than they look cool. In my experience though, when you get into the multi-taskers, you get something that does everything okay, and nothing great.

I've shown my bias in your other post but I like the Sedona setup. I prefer cookers that are specialized to a function vs trying to have one that does everything -- plus it's just plain cool looking. Really love the look of the Tombstone Tom b posted but worry a bit about the height of the Santa Maria. Looks to be quite a bit higher than when they build it on a stand alone basis.

Thanks for the input. Im the same way generally speaking. These bad boys are so damn expensive, which is fine but the shipping costs are brutal.

I have been to David's shop in Tucson a couple of times. Everything they build is top notch and he puts a lot of effort in his designs. If I was only going to have one cooker that would grill and smoke plus offer all the joys of tending a stick burner and the ability to set it and forget it I would choose the Boothill with the firebox and pellet options. I love their Santa Maria grills and definitely have one on my bucket list.

Back