The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   payment terms for catering? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59918)

trekmstr 04-11-2009 08:54 AM

payment terms for catering?

when setting up a catering contract, what are standaerd payment terms?
how much of a deposit and when should final payment be made?

Bbq Bubba 04-11-2009 08:56 AM

We usually require half down for a deposit and final payment when setting up.
Don't like trying to chase down clients money during a party.

smokinit 04-11-2009 08:57 AM

I do half down and the remainder and final head count 10 days prior.

txschutte 04-11-2009 09:01 AM

We require 50% at booking, refundable 14 days prior. Balance due upon delivery or setup.

ASUBBQ 04-11-2009 05:34 PM

All bookings are first come first serve
A non-refundable deposit of $250.00 is required to book & hold any date
Deposits cover administrative time and office expenses
All proposals expire ten (10) business days from the date created
Final payment for all proposals is due fourteen (14) days prior to the event
Full refund for cancellations thirteen (13) days prior to the event
75% refund for cancellation seven (7) days or less prior to the event
If you cancel after we have purchased food for your event you will be responsible for the cost of the food and an additional 20% service charge, any balance after that will be refunded
All refunds will be paid within fourteen (14) business days from the date of cancellation
Discounts do NOT apply unless we have discussed them and have come to terms

AlabamaGrillBillies 04-15-2009 05:22 PM

I have been doing 1/3 of the total ticket upfront as a deposit. Non refundable (up to my final say really) I may increase that to 50%

hossrocks 04-16-2009 01:29 AM

We run 50% upfront and the remainder at set up. They have to confirm everything 14 day prior. No refund after the 14 day cutoff.

Rightstuff 04-16-2009 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hossrocks (Post 903510)
We run 50% upfront and the remainder at set up. They have to confirm everything 14 day prior. No refund after the 14 day cutoff.

DITTO. We require 50% up front and remainder the day of event.

TOPS BBQ 04-16-2009 12:53 PM

I require 25% down, 50% of remainder within 14 days and rest day of event.

Countryhb 04-16-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASUBBQ (Post 899938)
All bookings are first come first serve
A non-refundable deposit of $250.00 is required to book & hold any date
Deposits cover administrative time and office expenses
All proposals expire ten (10) business days from the date created
Final payment for all proposals is due fourteen (14) days prior to the event
Full refund for cancellations thirteen (13) days prior to the event
75% refund for cancellation seven (7) days or less prior to the event
If you cancel after we have purchased food for your event you will be responsible for the cost of the food and an additional 20% service charge, any balance after that will be refunded
All refunds will be paid within fourteen (14) business days from the date of cancellation
Discounts do NOT apply unless we have discussed them and have come to terms

No offense intended, but this is quite convoluted. It hurt my head trying to follow the bouncing ball.

ASUBBQ 04-16-2009 05:38 PM

Leaves little room for question, spells it out. Prevents coming up with new terms on the fly everytime someone asks a question re: Deposits & final payment. We like it, our attorney likes it and every one of our clients knows what to expect with regards to $$$...when they sign the contract, it's good for them and us!

Marsha 04-19-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASUBBQ (Post 904110)
Leaves little room for question, spells it out. Prevents coming up with new terms on the fly everytime someone asks a question re: Deposits & final payment. We like it, our attorney likes it and every one of our clients knows what to expect with regards to $$$...when they sign the contract, it's good for them and us!

I like it. I might borrow that one, if you don't mind. We've had a couple people get squirrely on us lately by changing dates and times and then canceling the event altogether after we put all kinds of time into working with them. I don't have time for that kind of nonsense. Sounds rough, but my time is worth something.

ASUBBQ 04-22-2009 12:27 PM

Time is $$$

I agree!

Countryhb 04-22-2009 01:20 PM

I can see your point.