The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   BBQRace.com (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144831)

Heath Hall 09-26-2012 11:10 AM

BBQRace.com

Huge announcement last night on the BBQ Central Radio Show - we formally announced BBQ's best and most comprehensive rankings site - www.bbqrace.com!

Want to see where you stack up in the Overall, Chicken, Ribs, Pork and Brisket KCBS Team of the Year standings? BBQ Race is your place to find out. You no longer have to be in the Top 25 to know where you stand.

Want to see how you stacked up against everyone cooking on a weekend? Check out the weekly rankings.

Check out your Team Dashboard which provides fast access to your TOY standings, your historic contest log, a graph that tracks your performance and much much more including badges that hightlight your accomplishments!

Still to come are some exciting new races! Stay tuned for more announcments.

Please take a look at your team and make sure all your comps for 2012 are present. If not check and see if there are additional spellings of your team name on the site. If so let us know so we can merge them together.

Any questions just let us know! Any suggestions let us know those too!

Best,

Heath
Pork Barrel BBQ & BBQ Race

AZScott 09-26-2012 12:13 PM

A huge thanks to you for putting that together. I've been paying attention to it for the last two months and it's absolutely great.

Smoke Ring 09-26-2012 12:47 PM

How soon are the weekend results posted? I notice the results from Sunday's Telluride BBQ Festival aren't there yet.

big matt 09-26-2012 01:06 PM

Fantastic job Heath this site is great it looks and works great too.

Wampus 09-26-2012 01:09 PM

DIG the site. Great stuff.

TheJackal 09-26-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoke Ring (Post 2225838)
How soon are the weekend results posted? I notice the results from Sunday's Telluride BBQ Festival aren't there yet.

Que by the Sea is no up either. Sunday turn-in events in the past took a while to show up as well. Looks like Saturday events are usually available same day.

Scottie 09-26-2012 01:16 PM

Good job Heath. My girls also want to know when you will be on Shark Tank again. They want to see you up against Mark Cuban....:-P

MarleyMan 09-26-2012 01:17 PM

Thanks! Excellent site for keeping tabs on your or your favorite teams!:thumb:

Heath Hall 09-26-2012 05:39 PM

Guys, sorry about the Sunday contests. Our computer guy had to attend a funeral which is causing the delays for Sunday. We plan to have these updated early evening on Saturday and early evening on Sunday.

Scottie - I'll be with Barbara next week in New York and will tell her that direct orders from your daughters are to get us back on the show ASAP!!

82's BBQ 09-26-2012 05:52 PM

Are you guys going to come up with a widget for websites?

TheJackal 09-26-2012 07:49 PM

Thoughts go out to Brian and his family. Sorry for his loss.

Heath Hall 09-26-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 82's BBQ (Post 2226163)
Are you guys going to come up with a widget for websites?

We are working on it. Probably won't be until next season that we roll them out.

stan 09-26-2012 09:33 PM

Heath how do you get contests not yours out of the database? Combine where a team is spelled 3 to 4 different ways?

KC_Bobby 09-26-2012 11:04 PM

To add to Stan's question, what is the process to combine multiple listings that are the same team?

Example:
Boondoggle
Boondoggle BBQ

New Pal Frank 09-27-2012 04:31 AM

Hi Heath. What a great reference to see how the teams are doing. I tried to merge two teams and got an integrety error. Just FYI

Keep up the hard work.