The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Yet another thread confessing my love to Simply Marvelous (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138988)

Big slick 07-17-2012 09:42 AM

Yet another thread confessing my love to Simply Marvelous

As many of you may know, I am a die hard simply marvelous fan. Well I placed an order Saturday for 10lbs of pecan, 5lbs of sweet seduction and 1lb of peppered cow to try. I got my order yesterday an was shocked at how fast they shipped my order. They have always had fast shipping, but that was amazing.

Next I have to rave about peppered cow. It's similar to lemon pepper only about 100 times better.

If you have yet to try simply marvelous dry rubs I highly suggest you give them a try. You can't go wrong with any of them.

DaveMW 07-17-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big slick (Post 2138464)
You can't go wrong with any of them.

AMEN to that!!!

pkuiper 07-17-2012 10:15 AM

Any tips on using them, ie what kind of meat? I ordered a few of them a while back :)

Big slick 07-17-2012 02:45 PM

I love all flavors but my favorite is pecan, cherry, sweet seduction and season all.

Season all goes well with anything. It tastes like there is chicken stock in the rub so i use this with all of my poultry. I have made some of my best turkeys smoked on the WSM with a little olive oil and a generous coating of season all. Even in the oven the taste is incredible. I also use it on chicken and pheasant. I have just started to use it on other meats like pork chops and ribs. I mainly use it for poultry though.

Pecan, cherry,sweet seduction are all my go to rubs for pork. I'm more partial to pecan then the rest but I use a combination of the three with butts and ribs. I have gotten great reviews cooking with these rubs. They also go well with pork chops.

I don't do many beef products except for brisket on my smoker. Whenever I do brisket I always use pecan. That sweet heat is so nice on the beef. I am looking forward to trying peppered cow as I hear it goes well on beef. I also sprinkle some pecan on ribeye steaks and let them marinate for a few hours.

Pecan has such a great combination of sweet and heat that i end up using it on everything. I have tried many dry rubs and simply marvelous is the best in my opinion.

Trumpstylz 07-17-2012 02:49 PM

Season all on veggies!

sparky' 07-17-2012 05:24 PM

i love them.

FLAQUE 07-17-2012 05:54 PM

Ordered a few last week from Bbq Junction. Not here yet. Guess I should have gone straight to the source. Either way I can't wait till they get here.

pkuiper 07-18-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big slick (Post 2138918)
I love all flavors but my favorite is pecan, cherry, sweet seduction and season all.

Season all goes well with anything. It tastes like there is chicken stock in the rub so i use this with all of my poultry. I have made some of my best turkeys smoked on the WSM with a little olive oil and a generous coating of season all. Even in the oven the taste is incredible. I also use it on chicken and pheasant. I have just started to use it on other meats like pork chops and ribs. I mainly use it for poultry though.

Pecan, cherry,sweet seduction are all my go to rubs for pork. I'm more partial to pecan then the rest but I use a combination of the three with butts and ribs. I have gotten great reviews cooking with these rubs. They also go well with pork chops.

I don't do many beef products except for brisket on my smoker. Whenever I do brisket I always use pecan. That sweet heat is so nice on the beef. I am looking forward to trying peppered cow as I hear it goes well on beef. I also sprinkle some pecan on ribeye steaks and let them marinate for a few hours.

Pecan has such a great combination of sweet and heat that i end up using it on everything. I have tried many dry rubs and simply marvelous is the best in my opinion.

Thanks, I will try it out. Might be using the oven, the weather is pretty bad atm :(