The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Cooking Class cancersuckschicago.com 2nd Annual Cooking class/fundraiser (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96466)

trueque 01-31-2011 02:25 PM

I'm bringing my speedo for the polar bear swim! :-)

White Dog BBQ 02-01-2011 05:18 PM

Wow, just heard American Airlines suspended operations at O'Hare for the first time in years. Good news is this stuff should stop by the end of tomorrow, so hopefully flights will be mostly back to normal by Friday evening for my trip out.

I suspect all the snow will put a damper on my city exploring on Saturday.

EDIT: Just saw O'Hare closed. Wow!

---k--- 02-01-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33 (Post 1525479)
Im coming in Friday at 3PM to Midway.

Wheres that eye-talian beef sandwich place!?

I hope the weather doesn't screw you all. We're several days away, so all should be good. Chicago knows how to deal with snow (usually).

For Beef, I REALLY like Teddy's on Plainfield in Darien. A real hole in the wall with eastern European staff. My Father-in-Law always makes me bring two 1lb frozen containers home. It's in Darien, but that is within spitting distance.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...ois+60561&z=16

For Pizza, there are actually very few good places to go and sit down at; all the good places are carry out only. If it's midnight and you're looking for carry out, Zazzo's pizza is the biggest thing my wife and i miss since we moved 12 miles west 6 years ago. Again in Darien, but they should deliver that far. Oh, and it is Chicago thin crust. Chicago thin crust rules (as opposed to NY floppy cardboard thin crust crap). The original Uno's and Malnatti's are great, I love them, but only once in a while. Gino's and Giordano's, etc. is crap. Chicago Thin Crust once a week in our house.

Cue's Your Daddy 02-03-2011 09:37 AM

I am so psyched for this class. I actually moved my flight up to friday evening so weather will not be an issue to get in. Wife wasnt to happy with the extra charge but hey, she doesnt understand. Going to be awesome.

Scottie 02-03-2011 10:02 AM

the streets in my town are clean and salted. Everything in the Chicagoland area will get cleared today. Unless you live on the sidestreets in the city...

Saturday and sunday look warm enough for shorts and the Crocs... BBQ weather.

I'll be getting to the Senior Center around 1:00pm if folks are out and about. I'm sure we can put people to work... ;)

See everyone on Saturday.

crd26a 02-03-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottie (Post 1535345)
I'll be getting to the Senior Center around 1:00pm if folks are out and about. I'm sure we can put people to work... ;)

Sounds like a good plan to me

Cue's Your Daddy 02-03-2011 10:40 AM

Anyone flying into midway friday night that wants to share a cab?

trueque 02-03-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottie (Post 1535345)

Planning on it. Will work for Bloody Mary's!

BBQchef33 02-03-2011 01:15 PM

Im arriving around 3 friday and heading to hotel. Ron_l, Divemaster, Ramona, and possibly Stoke&Smoke and Shot Fairy are coming up friday night to go to dinner.

Rumor has it thers good mexican, or deep dish places right on Ogden near the hotel. Heres a callout to all otrers heading to the class for a get together friday night to stuff our faces. Anyone interested?

pat 02-03-2011 01:18 PM

Damn! Knew we should have come in Friday night! Have a great dinner and sorry to miss the fun.

crd26a 02-03-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33 (Post 1535580)
Heres a callout to all otrers heading to the class for a get together friday night to stuff our faces. Anyone interested?

I probably won't make it in time for dinner (7:45 arrival at ORD) and staying up the road at a Marriott, but would love to get together with anyone hanging out that night. I know Michael (trueque) and I had talked about the hotel lobby bar, but def. interested wherever the gang is headed.

NRA4Life 02-03-2011 02:34 PM

Won't be in until Saturday around noon, but I'm looking forward to meeting other Brethren this weekend.

Ken V 02-03-2011 02:38 PM

I'll be coming in Friday afternoon around 3. Would love to get together.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

trueque 02-03-2011 04:17 PM

Landing at Midway at 11:50am on Friday and have planned to hit a couple of places for lunch. Not sure that I will be ready for dinner, but will definitely be at the Clubhouse bar after 8:00pm for all interested.

White Dog BBQ 02-03-2011 06:35 PM

I'm landing at ORD around 7:15 PM. Probably grab dinner in my own and meet some guys down in the hotel bar.