Marinated Dry Rubbed Pecan Smoked Rack of Lamb

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Yesterday I spotted something unusual at my local Ralph's - a nice sized rack of lamb that was domestic, as opposed to the usual New Zealand variety. Given that it was also 30% off, I decided to give it a try.

Here's what I did: I made a paste of olive oil, chopped garlic and rosemary, plus some sea salt and black pepper, and rubbed it on the rack, and let it marinate for about 3 hours. After pulling it out of the marinade, I sprinkled some Rub Company Original on it:

DSC_1753.jpg

DSC_1753.jpg

I cooked it indirect with high heat (about 400 degrees) along with a few chunks of pecan for smoke. This is how it looked when it was cut:

DSC_1758.jpg

Despite the fact that it was a tad overdone ( I got sidetracked with a phone call at the end of the cook and should have pulled it at 145 degrees as opposed to 150 ish) it was the most amazing rack of lamb we're ever eaten. Completely fork tender.

If I had known it was going to be THIS good, I would have bought every last one of them!

Looks fantastic! I've never tried lamb chops, gotta put them on my to try list, seen a couple of great looking recipes here the last few days!

I was going down the list of threads, and saw your title. H-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-o-o-o-o!!! Oh, yeah... I knew it was gonna be incredible. Dayum, Moose! Send me some!!!! :thumb:

Back