Please judge our Brisket Box also

Sawdustguy

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Please judge our Brisket Box for presentation.

brisket_entry.jpg

Definite 9 from me if it looks as good in person as the pictures show.

I'd be shocked if you got anything below an 8.

At a contest not being able to study it I would give it a 9. Studying it I would give it a solid 8. If you could give an 8.8 I would.

The only real comment I have is on the very front piece of brisket. I would smooth out the sauce on the face of the brisket so it is more uniform and remove the greenery off the face on the left side.

I'm giving my score without looking at the other answers.

Nice looking slices, good color, good looking presentation and it makes me want to eat a piece.

8, and i definetly want to taste it!

8 or 9. I'd have to see it live to decide which. Photos can be so deceiving. What in person is moist looking meat appears greasy in the picture, etc. You did well - a very solid entry.

8 or 9, depending on how noticeable the smudge is in person. Also, the parsley covering the front slice may have caught my eye.

From the pics, maybe an 8. But it's hard to know what I'd notice about the crumbled left side in person. There is a chunk to the left of pieces 1 and 2, and 3 and 4 are crumbled on the left. It looks a bit overcooked on that side.

I do like the smoke ring, the shine, and the box.

I agree with the comments in regards to the stray piece of greenery, the broken pieces on the left and the uneven sauce or whatever you used to make the slices appear wet. Also, from front to back, slices three and five appear to be out of line with the others if you look at the right side. Just making them more even there would help. I like to see burnt ends in there as well... seems to score better here. I'd probably give it an 8.

A solid 8. Wouldn't be surprised if it got some 9s too.

Gents,

There was no streak, what you are seeing was camera glare. This box scored 9's across the board. This was our best presentation ever. Maybe it's me but I don't think we should be penalized for not putting burnt ends in the box. I thought you should judge the meat presented and not what is not in the box.

Definite 9 from me if it looks as good in person as the pictures show.

I'd be shocked if you got anything below an 8.

Thanks Vinny. Michele is getting much better with presentation. She has come a long way since BBQ on the River.

Gents,

There was no streak, what you are seeing was camera glare. This box scored 9's across the board. This was our best presentation ever. Maybe it's me but I don't think we should be penalized for not putting burnt ends in the box. I thought you should judge the meat presented and not what is not in the box.

Agreed, the lack of burnt ends should have no affect whatsoever on your score.

Back