The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Big BBQ for 100 People 4th July (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164886)

SmokinAussie 07-03-2013 04:09 AM

Big BBQ for 100 People 4th July

G'Day Bruces':becky:

Well, wish me luck brothers.

For the third year running, I am catering for approx 100 people.

This time, it coincides with your Independence Day 4th July!!!:cheer2::dancer::cheer2:

So, with some help from my brothers, I have put together what I hope is a real good menu for kids and adults alike...

Here we go:

Pumpkin Soup (home made Aussie Style)

Texas Style very mild Chili (for kids)... Big Thanks to Chicago KP for ingredients and good advice. Served with Corn Chips, and sides of Salsa, Baked Beans, Guacamole, Sour Cream.

Pulled Pork Sliders with coleslaw, cheese and Myrons Sweet and Tangy Sauce (Thanks Bluetang and ChicagoKP again for ingredients)

Mac and Cheese

CREAMY Potato Salad with Eggs

Some kinda green salad

Jicama, Watercress and Romaine Salad with Lime Cilantro Dressing and Queso Anejo

Finally for desert...

Sticky Date Pudding

KEY LIME PIE (Thanks Bluetang)

Ice Cream!

Man, it's a lotta work, but I hope it comes together OK.

I'm about to fire up the WSM to get it ready for an overnight cook with the pork shoulders. I will be taking photo's but I got so much to do that I may not be able to post them for a while.

Cheers!

Bill

slammmed 07-03-2013 04:38 AM

As a south florida, and frequent keys inhabiter, I take great honor knowing the amazing desert known as key lime pie has made it all the way across the world to Australia!

Good luck on your bbq

Titch 07-03-2013 04:43 AM

Kick arse mate, stay sober, no dropping of the Phone in the dunny

SmokinAussie 07-03-2013 06:51 AM

Thanks Titch.

I've had the WSM going for a 3 hours already, still have not placed the pork shoulder as it's running away with temps even with a FULL water bowl! I've shut it all down and it's still running at 250F... But I wanna get it on and have a few hours sleep. I'm going to grate the coleslaw and prepare dressings tonight anyway... but that farking WSM is pumping away like the Bullet Bill it is!

deguerre 07-03-2013 07:25 AM

You prep the slaw Bill while I kick Murphy in the ass for you.
You'll do fine.:thumb::thumb:

nucornhusker 07-03-2013 08:00 AM

I was really confused at first to see an Aussie doing a 4th of July cookout.

Sticky Date pudding huh? Sounds...interesting.

bluetang 07-03-2013 08:31 AM

Sounding mighty fine there! Thay's gonna be eatin dang good!

WalrusBBQ 07-03-2013 08:33 AM

A lot of food! I look forward to seeing pictures

CharredApron 07-03-2013 08:37 AM

Knock em dead there ace!

Ron_L 07-03-2013 08:43 AM

I hope that everything goes perfectly, Bill!

Good Luck!

Sawdustguy 07-03-2013 10:00 AM

Save me a slice of that key lime pie (my personal favorite desert). Great menu BTW!

Al Czervik 07-03-2013 10:11 AM

Sounds like it will be another epic bash Bill... Good luck with everything and I am also looking forward to pics.

fingerlickin' 07-03-2013 10:19 AM

Sounds like fun to me. Good luck!

Big George's BBQ 07-03-2013 11:19 AM

Sounds like there are going to be about 100 very happy people. Awesome menue I love really good key lime pie Have fun

Wampus 07-03-2013 11:21 AM

Sounds AWESOME!

Good luck! I'm sure it'll all come out great!