• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

WSM question

Big A

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Now I've been interested in a vertical smoker for a while and I've decided the WSM is for me.But wait here is the question.If I'm smoking beef on top and pork below am I going to notice a taste difference in the pork from the beef juices dripping down? Now is this a problem or am I over thinking this as I do most things?:confused:

I've never noticed much of anything from different meats dripping on each other. There might be a little flavor transfer but it is so small I can't tell or am so hungry that I can't tell either :becky:.

Like others have said you don't want chicken dripping on anything so they go on the bottom rack. Other than that, I just put the higher maintenance meat on the top rack. When I do briskys and butts, I put the brisky on the top rack. Why? I have no idea, it's just the way I've always done it.

Like most guys have said, you're not going to taste a difference, but if you're cooking smaller pieces of meat then you can always offset them on the top and bottom so the top one isn't dripping on the bottom. Me? I want that fatty goodness from the top dripping on the stuff on the bottom. More juices, the better!

Back