Summertime Comps - favorite surface

M

Matt_A

Summer time, Oklahoma.... would you prefer setting up on pavement in a parking area with grass medians and trees, or on a flat grassy are with no trees?

Also, what do you think about making mist fans available to each team?

I prefer concrete to grass. your feet get a little sore but, it just feels cleaner. Plus, any shade from those trees would be welcome. Mist fans provided!? Sounds awesome to me!

Anti fatgue mats?

Have you ever considered getting anti-fatigue mats to go where you stand most? U-Line has snap-together modular mats that also provide drainage. Great for food prep areas and the tiles make it easy to transport.

af-drainage-mat.png

Well, Oklahoma trees, not like they're huge... the pic is a satellite view of the site I'm hoping to be able to use for a comp next year. I'll probably know sometime next w eek if I can do it here.

site-plan.png

I would take the grass and small trees, looks to be that #4 section would be accomidating...:grin:

It's probably about 50/50; some will prefer the grass, other will value the pavement (even if it is hotter than ....). If you were going to use 2 sites for this I'd suggest site #1 and #4 for close placement to turn-in and give the competitors their choice of areas.

Back