KCBS is coming to the Texas Gulf Coast

Swamp Donkeyz BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We cooked for a schoarship fundraiser yesterday and Carolyn Wells, from KCBS, and Brett Hanley, From BBQ Guru, were in attendance. Long story short, there will be a KCBS sanctioned event, next spring, in Huntsville, Texas.

Oh Black Jesus here they freaking come. I never thought I'd see the day. Everybody brush up on their grass judging skills.

If held at the DOC facility, there may be some CBJ's in residence. At least it would be a 'captive' crew of judges with 'coolers'. :twisted:

I was almost ready to start judging again. I bet I would be blocked from the KCBS classes. LOL

Better tell the local stores to stock up on parsley, sugar and muffin pans.

When did Huntsville move to the coast? :confused:

CD

Down 45 which has been under construction since Christ was a corporal. You also have to get by Houston on 610 and the 59 split. Good luck on all of the issues. Now to find a few judges which do not exist in that area except in the jp courts (I did not say GOOD).

There are a few loops outside the 610 but they cost money and may or may not be under construction and allow you to get to Galveston providing the Trinity is not in flood stage.

It's been confirmed that the cook off will be held at our local fair grounds. That means teams will have power and water.

Are we saving some poor innocent soul from his just rewards with our use of the power? Are we depriving some poor innocent souls of water in his diet? You do know that Huntsville is the largest purveyor of lost souls to the nether world?:drama:

Now to find a few judges which do not exist in that area except in the jp courts (I did not say GOOD)..[/QUOTE said:
We'll bring a couple of car loads from Oklahoma to keep it fair! :caked:

You don't have to garnish your box, use sauce or make it sweet but then again you probably wouldn't win.

I'll take water, power, feedback no matter where I place and typically a better pay day anyday I can get it.

If you don't like the garnish in the box, don't put it in there, pretty simple.

Since your not limited to your number of pieces like in IBCA, fill the box up and make it look full.

What's hilarious is, I've yet to go to an IBCA / Texas contest and see someone with just a box of kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper for their meats. I see just as many commercial rubs as at the KCBS events and just as many bottles of sauce,bags of brown sugar and blue bottles.

It's going to be my first KCBS comp, so the questions are fixing to start flying!

Here are some of your answers:

A - the internet and this site are your friend.
B - Practice, Practice, Practice
C - yes, 30 minute windows for 4 meats is a b**ch the first time.

Also, why wait? Bedford, Texas over Labor Day weekend is a well run competition that has been growing in overall numbers and quality of teams.

Here are some of your answers:

A - the internet and this site are your friend.
B - Practice, Practice, Practice
C - yes, 30 minute windows for 4 meats is a b**ch the first time.

Also, why wait? Bedford, Texas over Labor Day weekend is a well run competition that has been growing in overall numbers and quality of teams.
I'm already doing the Winnie Rice Festival in September. It would be a nice one to go to. I might have to sweet talk Momma! lol

Back