• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Porta Potties for Teams

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi,

I know that some teams need extra space and pay an extra fee for it and some people like extra space and also pay for it.

If extra space is a luxury that you are willing/happy to pay for, would you also like the option of paying for the luxury of a porta-pottie at your site for your personal (and private) use?

Thanks!

Eric

Depending on the cost, I would definitely consider it. It's worth an extra $25 - $30 to me. However, I'm curious as to whether it would be located in or near your space which could present a problem for my neighbors after my morning coffee :redface:

I frequented a local Starbucks b-room during our last comp. - very convenient and usually clean :thumb:

We rent our own at comps where there is a lot of public. We rent one at at least 10 contests a year.

i would not rent one! there is nothing like being in a dark outhouse in the middle of the night... especially when there is something else running around in there with you! :becky: seriously though, i would consider it. what would it cost?

Yes we would and have done so in the past. It is convientient for our women folk type members. They sanitize the seat so they can plant their precious tushies when they go.

A few contests in the northeast offer this option, it seems to be around $95-125 for the weekend. If it's a fri/sat/sun contest (the norm in the northeast) then often a Saturday night pump out is included in the rental cost.

We use an RV at cooks, but we do rent the porta-potties when offered at contests where we can't have the RV in the site. Our female team members wouldn't have it any other way.

RV.
If however, momma was along and we were not in the RV (not likely) then definately rent a "private" crapper.

I did it one time and won't do it again without chatting with the event organizers.

I paid about $60 or so and come to find out there were only about 15 teams there at the small event. The event folks had several about 100 feet away. I had several neighbor teams choose to use mine and that didn't sit so well with me. Part of me wanted to say..."how about a little something for the effort" and part of me knows I simply need to relax and not be so petty.

I would rent one if it were an option.

I know some guys who have a camping shower tent that they put a portable toilet in for their private use. This seemed like a good option. To me.

I did it one time and won't do it again without chatting with the event organizers.

I paid about $60 or so and come to find out there were only about 15 teams there at the small event. The event folks had several about 100 feet away. I had several neighbor teams choose to use mine and that didn't sit so well with me. Part of me wanted to say..."how about a little something for the effort" and part of me knows I simply need to relax and not be so petty.

Rented one last year at the Bedford Blues fest comp. $60 dropped off at our site. 50 teams and lots of public attendence. We put a lock on it.:thumb:

the cost for a porta potty around here is $100-$125 for the weekend.

I would do it at a contest with alot of foot traffic.... or in the case of LI contest, not to have to walk to the bathroom in the overnight typhoons we have been getting.

wildwood, nj is offering them to returning teams only(top 2/3 from last year) and are placing them next to the existing beach bathrooms. which are clean. :crazy:

Back