• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment Central Islip NY Contest??

Sledneck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I read this on another board. Anybody know anything about this event? Its the same weekend as Hudson Valley
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]

HEY ALL!

We are seeking competitors for our BBQ COOK OFF - AUGUST 16TH 2008

25,000-30,000 expected to attend the festival

2 stages of live music, 4 radio stations, 1 newspaper, 2 TV shows and Online promotion.

tom@cavallaromediaservices.com

This Non-profit event is to raise Scholarship funds for worthy graduating students from Central Islip High School.

Will be a Great Family Day... Come on Down and Make Some New Fri
icon_smile_big.gif
ends!
[/FONT]

Just requested a cooks packet for the hell of it. I'll let ya know what comes of it if anything.

I shot him an email. Hopefully it will be a nice event/venue.

It's too bad that it's up against Hudson.

Eric

I spoke with the organizer/PR person this afternoon.

The reason for the short time frame is that they just got the permits.
The event is not being sanctioned (at least as of right now).
They are long on ambition and short on knowledge. I offered to answer any questions that they may have, and he had a number that led me to believe that they aren't BBQ proficient.
It seems that they have a strong infrastructure and plenty of available space.

I'll let you know when I have more information.

Eric

you should point them in the right direction and have them move the day, with no sanction, and being the same day as Hudson Valley they will not enjoy a successful event, as hard as it is to get somebody to promote a contest, the last thing we should let happen is to have them fail at the first attempt and decide to not try again, just my .02

I spoke with the organizer/PR person this afternoon.

The reason for the short time frame is that they just got the permits.
The event is not being sanctioned (at least as of right now).
They are long on ambition and short on knowledge. I offered to answer any questions that they may have, and he had a number that led me to believe that they aren't BBQ proficient.
It seems that they have a strong infrastructure and plenty of available space.

I'll let you know when I have more information.

Eric

you should point them in the right direction and have them move the day, with no sanction, and being the same day as Hudson Valley they will not enjoy a successful event, as hard as it is to get somebody to promote a contest, the last thing we should let happen is to have them fail at the first attempt and decide to not try again, just my .02

That's not going to happen. The BBQ aspect is a small part of their overall event. I'm going to try to talk them into lowering their aspirations. Believe it or not, they were looking for about 50 teams.

Eric

Hmmmm. In theory I could do it if its a one day thing since I'm skipping hudson valley to prep for new holland. Just wish we had more teams. Grilling on the bay is light too.

I sure hope that this contest evolves. It would be great to have another sanctioned KCBS contest here on Long Island. We would give up Hudson Valley to stay local with the prices of Gas. Maybe next year.

That's not going to happen. The BBQ aspect is a small part of their overall event. I'm going to try to talk them into lowering their aspirations. Believe it or not, they were looking for about 50 teams.

Eric
You would think a group like that looking for 50 teams would at least answer one of my emails:roll:

It would appear that the car show and BBQ comp are to be segregated from the rest of the festival.

From the pics here (http://2008centralislip-islandiafestival.blogspot.com/) the car show and BBQ are to be in the parking lots by Target, whereas the fair sales appear to be on a part of Carleton Avenue that is located to the north of Target.

One would think that with all the pics, they would have put more info?

Back