The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What do you have laying around? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166708)

Ole Man Dan 07-24-2013 12:40 PM

What do you have laying around?

My wife put her foot down, and wants me to sell some of my excess smoking/cooking things.
The 'Longest yard Sale' is next week...

Guess I'll part with Chicken Smoker, a UDS, a big Cajun Cooker, gas grill, New Wave Oven, Mini Crock Pot and a Pressure Cooker.
(Never used in the 'Kitchen of my mom')
And a couple dozen cook books too.

She thinks excess equals for sale. Where did I go wrong?

QUESTION:
What cooking items does everyone have that you haven't used in a long time?

(Maybe I should have use the 'Chicken Smoker' and extra cooking items)

ButtBurner 07-24-2013 12:42 PM

Weber gasser

my son just got his first house. I am giving it to him

Lake Dogs 07-24-2013 12:46 PM

I have a Brinkman Stillwater (like a small Yoder) offset 1/4 in steel smoker that's been under the shed now for probably 8 years... It's got a tiny amount of rust, but not bad, especially compared to what I've seen 'round here. I paid something like $850 probably 15 years ago. Steel prices have gone WAY up since then. First $500 gets it.

Bludawg 07-24-2013 12:57 PM

If it was me I'd get a Big Box and fill it with her shoe collection, her hand bag collection all the war paint the ear rings and anything to do with any hobbies she has and park it all out there too. :twisted: it's only fair.

SmokinJohn 07-24-2013 01:00 PM

3 pairs of shoes for every rig.

...and what Bludawg said....

Wampus 07-24-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bludawg (Post 2563508)
Call a Lawyer your next to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokinJohn (Post 2563515)
3 pairs of shoes for every rig.

...and what Bludawg said....

^^^ THAT chit's funny right there. :laugh:

To the OP:

I don't think I've cooked on my OKJ Upright ("Bandera style") since the end of 2011.

She's never mentioned selling anything. She's smart like that.....:heh:

Thermal Mass 07-24-2013 01:06 PM

NOOOOO don't do it!!

Before I found the Brethren, I had a Brinkmann offset (not the cheapo) that I used a few times with limited success, so I gave it away...:doh::doh:
I wish I still had it just to mod it up and play with it while I'm still working on the brick beast.

Find a friend that can help you stash some of your stuff or build a shed. :-D

Wampus 07-24-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan (Post 2563471)

Err.......not putting YOUR foot down maybe? :wink:

Yellowhair42 07-24-2013 01:09 PM

You went wrong by not wearing the pants in your relationship.

Ole Man Dan 07-24-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wampus (Post 2563521)
^^^ THAT chit's funny right there. :laugh:

To the OP:

I don't think I've cooked on my OKJ Upright ("Bandera style") since the end of 2011.

She's never mentioned selling anything. She's smart like that.....:heh:

My problem is that my hobby's outgrown our space. Hate to admit she's right though, it sets a bad president. Things have a way of getting complicated when you retire, and disposable income drys up. It's hell.
I haven't used the items I listed in over 6 yrs... I shouldn't miss them too much. The UDS was my first build...

ekcivic21 07-24-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

My wife put her foot down, and wants me to sell some of my excess smoking/cooking things.
The 'Longest yard Sale' is next week...

Guess I'll part with Chicken Smoker, a UDS, a big Cajun Cooker, gas grill, New Wave Oven, Mini Crock Pot and a Pressure Cooker.
(Never used in the 'Kitchen of my mom')
And a couple dozen cook books too.

QUESTION:
What cooking items does everyone have that you haven't used in a long time?

(Maybe I should have use the 'Chicken Smoker' and extra cooking items)

Got any pictures of the uds? I'm in Decatur and might ride down and take it off your hands.

El Ropo 07-24-2013 01:25 PM

Don't part with the mini crockpot unless it's a duplicate. They are perfect for holding chili cheese dip at a party. I'll never get rid of mine unless it breaks down.

aawa 07-24-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

You lost your man card someone in your past.

The only time I would deem something that I don't want, I get rid of it. I don't let anybody else tell me otherwise.

slammmed 07-24-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aawa (Post 2563556)
You lost your man card someone in your past.

The only time I would deem something that I don't want, I get rid of it. I don't let anybody else tell me otherwise.

thats how hoarding starts! :) but seriously though my better half sometimes realizes I want to get rid of things before I do and 99% of the time there is no regret.

aawa 07-24-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slammmed (Post 2563591)
thats how hoarding starts! :) but seriously though my better half sometimes realizes I want to get rid of things before I do and 99% of the time there is no regret.

I know when I have to get rid of stuff, if area's because cluttered I start purging. I like uncluttered space.