THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bobsuosso

Full Fledged Farker
I have a 12 lb ribeye roast on the uds put on @ 0730, now @136 deg, thinking pulling it @ 140, not a rare crowd. so shooting for medium. Any suggestions, also have a 7 lb boston butt. will post pics hopefully

I would have pulled it by now. 140 should give you a medium overall with maybe a little pink in the middle. I assume your probe is in the middle.

thanks Landarc

was 140 by the time I got it off, should of asked the brethren earlier, 1st atempt, will be at rest for a bit before company arrives, thanks

Attachments

• DSCN1822.jpg
    DSCN1822.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 117
I'm going with the 135 degree crowd. It's easier to make things "more done" than it is to rare up a piece of meat...

Yes sir re,, that does look good, I prefer mine to be pink, not oozing Blood...

all is good

here's the results. I might of been able to go another 5 degrees, it was remarkably cosistent color from edge to center, from low temps of smoking? Tasty. Pulled pork butt @ 190, was a little tougher than last one I did to 200 deg. Thanks for the help and suggestions

Attachments

• DSCN1824.jpg
    DSCN1824.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN1825.jpg
    DSCN1825.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 66
Back