The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Countdown To New BBQ Pitmasters ~ Carolina Style Pork (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151425)

thirdeye 01-13-2013 05:00 PM

Countdown To New BBQ Pitmasters ~ Carolina Style Pork

In 3 hours, the "Carolina's Divine Swine Cookoff" episode will be on Destination America network.....

Offthehook 01-13-2013 05:06 PM

I will down load it on my ipad when amazon releases it.

thirtydaZe 01-13-2013 05:37 PM

Im in on it.

tyotrain 01-13-2013 06:27 PM

I will be watching 👍

Have fun and happy smoking
BBQ UP

BobM 01-13-2013 06:28 PM

I'll be watching!

Sent from my Android phone.

Boshizzle 01-13-2013 06:44 PM

I'll be watching this one on the first run tonight!

thirdeye 01-13-2013 07:22 PM

Well, obviously we are going to see pork, but will it be whole hog or whole shoulder? And I'm wondering if the cooks will be able to freelance the sauce and choose vinegar and pepper, mustard based, or tomato based? And lastly, do you think we will see any chopped pork, I hope so.

Fo Sizzle My Nizzle 01-13-2013 07:34 PM

Wonder if anyone will serve up a burnt meteorite tonight? Sure hope so!

Cloudsmoker 01-13-2013 07:36 PM

I know there are a lot of sophisticated critics here - but, I just love these shows. Chemistry between Tuffy, Myron and Aaron is predictable but still a hoot, the judging is tough but complimentary. In fact, I think they're getting better and better.

Best of all, NFL was kind enough to play their remaining games early so no conflict there either.

thirdeye 01-13-2013 08:04 PM

12 hours for a whole shoulder?? No wonder that dude broke out a leaf blower to get his pit going...

DubfromGA 01-13-2013 08:05 PM

I've had a ton of BBQ from Eastern NC, as I grew up there.

The best I've ever had came from the Skylight Inn, Ayden, NC. Hope young Mr Jone's team does well.

Wish they were cooking whole hog, though. Young fella has cooked more whole hogs in his life than most of us could imagine.

Militant83 01-13-2013 08:07 PM

Got the dvr going ill have to check it out when i get off work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedrcer1 01-13-2013 08:11 PM

All look competent at this point.

Boshizzle 01-13-2013 08:12 PM

NC BBQ isn't on the top of my list, actually. It's too mushy and just not all that great, IMO. That being siad, I still like it. So, this episode is particularly interesting.

I will never forget the first time I enjoyed Eastern NC BBQ. The gal waiting on me asked me if I wanted some "dee-up" (dip). I had no idea what she was talking about and her accent only made it worse. I asked several times "dee-up?" trying to figure out what she was saying. Finally, she shaked the sauce bottle in front of my face exclaiming "Dee-up! Dee-up!"

Great times, there! :laugh:

thirdeye 01-13-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boshizzle (Post 2327700)
NC BBQ isn't on the top of my list, actually. It's too mushy and just not all that great, IMO. That being siad, I still like it. So, this episode is particularly interesting.

I will never forget the first time I enjoyed Eastern NC BBQ. The gal waiting on me asked me if I wanted some "dee-up" (dip). I had no idea what she was talking about and her accent only made it worse. I asked several times "dee-up?" trying to figure out what she was saying. Finally, she shaked the sauce bottle in front of my face exclaiming "Dee-up! Dee-up!"

Great times, there! :laugh:

I like being able to ask for brown or white...