The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What's the best compliment you've gotten on your Q? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168906)

Don Marco 08-19-2013 11:36 AM

Great story, thanks for sharing.

Mine was pulling a die hard vegetarian for 20 years over to the dark side :-)

DM

Harbormaster 08-19-2013 12:24 PM

Like I said earlier, not nearly as good as the OP, but hearing "First place brisket for the 2011 Smokin' in the Bogs.....Wyocena Yacht Club Q Crew!" was pretty freaking cool.

BBQ Bandit 08-19-2013 12:33 PM

Great story....

When I was complemented on my Que when a coin was pressed into my hand by a three star General... cooking at Ft. Bragg.
From an earlier thread... http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=89597

nucornhusker 08-19-2013 12:38 PM

Very cool! I hope to someday receive a fraction of a compliment like that. If you can make someone remember an older, happy memory, that is better than gold.

Rusty Kettle 08-19-2013 12:47 PM

best compliment I have ever received? Not as good as that one but to me getting my mom to actually eat something I make was huge. My mom is the pickiest eater alive and doesn't eat anything different and she was actually asking for more of my pulled pork and homemade bbq sauce. I can't believe it and she actually wants more. She even said she did not think she would like it at all. I was actually rushed too so I know she hasn't had my best pulled pork. I got 3lb boneless one to cook for her as a surprise.

Bdub 08-19-2013 12:52 PM

I had two of my wife's friends ask me to give their husbands cooking lessons. Felt pretty good.

bananablack 08-19-2013 01:02 PM

that was a great complement, and probably unbeatable. But my best compliment come when my friends say this bbq is better than any from a bbq restaurant they have ever eaten at. The constant prodding for me to start a restaurant is good too. But I have to explain the work in the bbq industry is too demanding on a daily basis to fit my lifestyle.

ajmcedar 08-19-2013 01:26 PM

Not even on the same page as the OP, but...
When at a recent brew & que contest my youngest son and I got some brisket, when I asked my oldest son (23) "Why didn't you get some que?" He replied "I won't eat BBQ if isn't yours."

cirk 08-19-2013 01:28 PM

My neighbor shows up and eats half of the food everytime. Which I don't mind helps me not get fat.

dajogejr 08-19-2013 01:30 PM

That's a great story...priceless.

The best compliment we get is word of mouth referrals.

DJ

bbqbull 08-19-2013 02:00 PM

My step daughter telling her husband that my bbq beats the hell out of Smokey Bones food.
He thought their food was excellent.
I did their Wedding Rehearsl dinner for about 35-40 family members. I did 10 racks of ribs and 3 brisket flats. Everybody ranted and raved over my Q especially the brisket. Was hoping for left overs but that did not happen.

midwest_kc 08-19-2013 02:09 PM

That's a great story.

Mine's a little different, but meant the world to me, in a "welcome to the family" kind of way. My Mother in-law used to brag, and brag, and brag about her son's Que. I've had it, and it's decent. Well, one day, I was making up a brisket, some pulled pork, and beans; and took it over to her house, and the whole family came to eat. She pulled me aside at one point, and said, "don't tell Matt, but your BBQ is waaaay better than his."

Peter B 08-19-2013 02:22 PM

I usually throw a big Labor Day Weekend BBQ every year. The coolest compliment I have recieved was a friend asking me 6 months in advance what day my BBQ was going to be on because he wanted to plan his vacation around it... Total Power Trip.

Anyway, I had to bump my labor day BBQ up to this past weekend due to my own vacation this year. I recieved my second favorite comment of, "The perfectionist has achieved perfection". I will post pictures a little later on. It was definitely one of my better cooks.

Al Czervik 08-19-2013 02:53 PM

Very cool story and thanks so much for sharing...:thumb:

My best compliment to date has been "this don't suck"... :tsk:

aawa 08-19-2013 02:55 PM

Great story. Mine isnt' as good as yours, but I still think it is funny.

One of my friends are HER girlfriend both came up to me and said they loved having my meat in their mouth. :heh::heh: