The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MAK Group Buy (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279141)

tom b 02-28-2020 06:10 PM

I find no need for a smoke tube with MAK

rwalters 02-28-2020 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom b (Post 4277169)
I find no need for a smoke tube with MAK



Ditto! MAK’s were designed to smoke. You’ll see that the first time you fire it up... and I am not just taking about the “start-up” smoke that everyone shows off. This is what you’ll see a TON of... :)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...0a844052ed.jpg

KevinJ 02-28-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom b (Post 4277169)
I find no need for a smoke tube with MAK

What he said, don't own one don't need one, Lumber Jack Comp Blend works well for me.

4ever3 02-28-2020 08:49 PM

Made the call today, gotta figure out what accessories I want if any and place the order for the 2 Star Monday.

rwalters 02-28-2020 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ever3 (Post 4277234)
Made the call today, gotta figure out what accessories I want if any and place the order for the 2 Star Monday.



Awesome!!!! Was hoping you’d join the MAK family :)

ssv3 02-28-2020 09:00 PM

I'd be all over one now if I didn't have my Yoder. If you're on the fence about MAK, now is the time.

alias_rice 02-28-2020 09:03 PM

Gotta give a shout out to the good folks at Mak. My 2 star was delivered today, so I obviously pulled the trigger a few days before this group buy. I called them up and asked if they wanted to throw me a discount on the wifi and Caleb had no issue giving me a deal. I was able to pay over the phone and I should have it sometime next week. I was nice about it and would have totally understood if he told me to pound sand, but that doesn't seem to be their style.

The thing is build like a tank and sexy as hell. Unfortunately, my wife is gone tonight and I didn't want to risk putting the grill body on the cart alone, so I won't have it together until tomorrow. But based on my inspection, I think I am gonna love this thing. The quality was noticeably better than the 2 other pellet grills I have had. Can't wait to get smoking on this thing!

BKING! 02-28-2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alias_rice (Post 4277244)
Gotta give a shout out to the good folks at Mak. My 2 star was delivered today, so I obviously pulled the trigger a few days before this group buy. I called them up and asked if they wanted to throw me a discount on the wifi and Caleb had no issue giving me a deal. I was able to pay over the phone and I should have it sometime next week. I was nice about it and would have totally understood if he told me to pound sand, but that doesn't seem to be their style.

The thing is build like a tank and sexy as hell. Unfortunately, my wife is gone tonight and I didn't want to risk putting the grill body on the cart alone, so I won't have it together until tomorrow. But based on my inspection, I think I am gonna love this thing. The quality was noticeably better than the 2 other pellet grills I have had. Can't wait to get smoking on this thing!

The crazy thing is you won’t fully realize the genius of their design until you use it several times. You will quickly realize that they thought of everything.

rm41400 02-28-2020 09:08 PM

Please tell me about the controller.

Can I set “hold temp” programs when my over night Brisket meat temp hits 190 drop smoker temp to 190 etc?

Huskres 02-28-2020 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4276897)
That load of meat would be child’s play for the MAK 2 Star... easy peasy. With all grates in place on the 2 Star, you can fit a TON of low profile meats. You have over 1600 sq” to work with [emoji41]


But it’s hard to access all of it compared to my pitts and spitts.

BKING! 02-28-2020 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm41400 (Post 4277250)
Please tell me about the controller.

Can I set “hold temp” programs when my over night Brisket meat temp hits 190 drop smoker temp to 190 etc?

Yes you can automatically make smoker temp changes based on either meat internal temp or a set time.

For instance....
Smoke mode: 2 hours
225 deg until internal meat temp 200 deg
Smoke mode: indefinitely (until you run out of pellets)

I think you can make up to 4 temp changes based on meat internal temp or time.
Honestly I never use that function. I did in the beginning but not anymore.

Smoke mode is 170-190 deg by the way

rwalters 02-28-2020 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm41400 (Post 4277250)
Please tell me about the controller.

Can I set “hold temp” programs when my over night Brisket meat temp hits 190 drop smoker temp to 190 etc?



The Pellet Boss controller can pretty much do whatever you want it to do... HIGHLY programmable.

rwalters 02-28-2020 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskres (Post 4277251)
But it’s hard to access all of it compared to my pitts and spitts.



Not hard, but definitely not as easy as the Pitts. Love their pull out grates :)

rm41400 02-28-2020 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4277263)
The Pellet Boss controller can pretty much do whatever you want it to do... HIGHLY programmable.

Oh man... I’m sooo tempted. Thx for the info. Spoke to Caleb and this is a great deal.

What accessories are “can’t live without” for the Mak 2*? I think I NEED WiFi but I have a FireBoard so I can monitor remotely and program the pellet boss..

Whatcha think?

Hot Spot 02-28-2020 10:54 PM

So you can only speak to Caleb?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.