• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Need some Ideas

lcbateman3

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hey All,

I've been cooking some boneless skinless chicken breast wrapped in bacon and topped with white cheddar cheese for a while. Been cooking indirect on the kettle with a chunk or two of wood.

What I have been thinking about is stuffing the breast with something. Not sure what though. Any ideas?

When I do that, I put lemon slices and cilantro against the chicken, and use the bacon wrap to hold that on. Sometimes I dust on some spices too. Since no one wants to eat a lemon slice, I take the assemblage apart and put the bacon and cilantro leaves in some beans. The coloration of the chicken breast is really neat, and the lemon/cilantro/bacon flavors are cooked into it quite nicely.

I did bacon wrapped breast a couple weeks ago, stuffed with roasted pablano pepper ,sauted onions, sun dried tomatoes, and provalone cheese. Turned out very nice and had great flavor.
Roasted the peppers first, then a quick bath of cold water and the skin came off with ease.

Last edited:
I stuff mine with Philly cream cheese,sour cream and finely shredded sharp chedar cheese and a thinly sliced piece of honey ham.

Here's my idea:

Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu

GrilledCordonBleu_1_3_450.jpg

John

Yea for some reason I didn't have his page booked marked even though we spent time out in Vegas together, no need to fear though, it is now in the bookmarks.

I pound breast and coat with honey mustard layer buckboard bacon or ham and ortega chile, roll dust with plowboys and cook then top with provolone cheese at end. Always a hit.
IMG_3016.jpg

IMG_3018.jpg

IMG_3019.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

IMG_3025.jpg

I ate 58 chicken breasts over my last 10 weeks of dieting. I hope to never eat one again. Great ideas here though.

Sometimes I shove a big Italian sausage between two breasts.

Its one of my specialties. I call it Sausage Capozzoli.

Back