• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My War Wagon Build " Pic heavy "

P

puddle jumper

OK Guys here we go,,
This is the beginning of the War Wagon that I mentioned in my intro, its going to be a reverced flow with a rib box over the fire box, going to have a gas burner fryer mounted on the side of the grill, also a burner eye for doing low country boiles , all mounter on a traler for camping and such, sorry about the grade school drawing in the idea pic but when I get a idea in my head helps to put some thing on paper to think about,,, I tried to look at a bunch of grills on line and pieced the features that I liked about each one and put them into mine,,

I had built an offset a couple of years ago that the fire box was to small on so that is where I started, made the fire box much larger and then added a rib box on "or anything else I want to throw in it", the fryer can be removed so it can be taken with me if im not going to need the whole trailer,Im to the point of adding the doors on the fryer and rib box and then going to start the trailer, the whole grill is made from 1/4 to 1/2 " steel, I work in a steel mill here in Ga so I can get scrap steel at a really good price, I figure that I will have in the neighborhood of 400 in it when its done,,
Im still up in the air about adding a water bowl on the baffle plate in the main smoker...
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73127

Im open for comments, suggestions, and questions,,
Puddle

Attachments

• the idea.JPG
    the idea.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,409
  • 9 fryer mount removable so can be used seperet.JPG
    9 fryer mount removable so can be used seperet.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,380
  • 8 heat element.JPG
    8 heat element.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,377
  • 7 fryer clone.JPG
    7 fryer clone.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 1,377
  • 6 baffle for heat comming out f fire box.JPG
    6 baffle for heat comming out f fire box.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,376
  • 5 regulat heat in the rib box.JPG
    5 regulat heat in the rib box.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,377
  • 4 rib box on.JPG
    4 rib box on.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,381
  • 3 fire box vent.JPG
    3 fire box vent.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,384
  • 2 new rib box.JPG
    2 new rib box.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 1,390
  • 1 start of mods.JPG
    1 start of mods.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 1,397
  • grill in the making for the war wagon.JPG
    grill in the making for the war wagon.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 1,387
Look forward to seeing it in action. Your drawing looks like the perfect start to a team logo!!

Thats a good looking smoker and looks like a lot of fab/welding time.

I'm wondering if I'm the only one who doesn't know what the box hanging off of the right hand side of the unit is.

Thats a good looking smoker and looks like a lot of fab/welding time.

I'm wondering if I'm the only one who doesn't know what the box hanging off of the right hand side of the unit is.

Brother,
I had not seen one before a camping trip this spring, its a gas run deep fryer, the tubes in the middle heat the oil and the drippings fall to the bottom so they dont burn, its a R&V works clone, they sound like a jet airplane when they are burning but they work great,

Im a hard core cat fisherman , So its for fryed fish and hushpuppys etc...
Puddle

Attachments

• gas fryer.jpg
    gas fryer.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,181
This is my best cat...:biggrin:
Puddle

Attachments

• My PB 50lber even on 15lb test line....JPG
    My PB 50lber even on 15lb test line....JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,170
Dang... great looking pit.. I love the fish pic! :biggrin:

That ain't a fish anymore....:shock:

BTW,I like the abstract lines in your War Wagon....I like abstract (in art form)!
Keep them pics coming!

You need a bigger fryer Clint.

Caught these in Southside AL.

HPIM0251.jpg

Now I would like to know did you make the burner for the fish fryer , because I have been looking at those fryer and havent't figure out what type of burner it is , if possible please send me some details on the burner and what the measurement of the grease tank. Great job on cooker also

Back