Success on the first try!!!!

Yakfishingfool

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So I finally got a chance to fire up the Grilldome. I'll even include a photo of the god awful table. I put in lump, and fired a small chimney. First thing that happened after loading the fire box...I snuffed it out. OK, needs to be more open than that....got to 250 and held for 30 minutes then opened her up to 500. Got some pizza dough from the local shop and used what we had....worked great, great crust, lot;s of fun, rock steady temp, can't wait to do a butt on her.

The butt ugly table...
47b8da39b3127cceb794af1651dc00000055110AZN2bNi4aMWLA

Another view...
47b8da39b3127cceb794af86514c00000035110AZN2bNi4aMWLA

half a medium crust....
47b8da39b3127cceb794ac49111a00000026100AZN2bNi4aMWLA

Didn;t even get to photo that one done, eaten before I made it in....next
47b8da39b3127cceb794ad7351b800000026100AZN2bNi4aMWLA

Beat the farkers in this time....
47b8da39b3127cceb794ad26d0dd00000026100AZN2bNi4aMWLA

Ha!!!! They're getting full!!!
47b8da39b3127cceb794addcd02700000026100AZN2bNi4aMWLA

Anyway, it was great and all involved enjoyed it. If you're thing of getting a ceramic, just do it. Won't replace anything I have but some more flexibility in what I cook. Scott

PS, closed off the vents and waiting for it to cool. S

Nice looking Friday pizza.....

Always nice to have a day off and play with fire.... enjoy the weekend while some of have to work... :mad:

WooHOOOOOOO!!

Is that a BGE Plate setter?

Looks good Yak! Your options of what to cook outdoors are just about endless now.

Yes on the BGE setter...fits perfect. The GDome web site is horrible and their store is even worse!

Yea thillin, I'm thinkin gI can do just about anything outdoors now. Scott

Way to go Yak looks good. That table dont look that bad.

The pizza looks great. I'm getting serious ceramic envy here.
Wipe that table down with some mineral oil and it'll look a lot better.

that table is made out of 3/4 inch plywood. I can wipe till the cows come home and it ain't gonna help. :) Going to tile it most likely. Some some black granite to use. Scott

that table looks fine to me!

what does grill dome say about what should be between the cooker and the wood of the table?

Do you do take out? If I can get you, Rick, and RonL to send me some Za I can see which region makes best Pizza ala food channel mod.

the pies look tasty

the table is nearly first rate, season it up with mineral oil and it will last quite a long time

that table looks fine to me!

what does grill dome say about what should be between the cooker and the wood of the table?

Rick, that's a really good question. I've got about a 1/2 inch all around. It was chugging at 500-550 for about 2 hours and I could still hold the sides, but the dome was hot. Do you feel there is a standard for around the side of the egg? Guesstimate on room? I can always make it a bit larger...

Rick, that's a really good question. I've got about a 1/2 inch all around. It was chugging at 500-550 for about 2 hours and I could still hold the sides, but the dome was hot. Do you feel there is a standard for around the side of the egg? Guesstimate on room? I can always make it a bit larger...

I think hes referring to the base. i know from all the pics ive seen most people have some sort of concrete paver etc between the bottom of the cooker and the base of the table to keep it from burning.

I think hes referring to the base. i know from all the pics ive seen most people have some sort of concrete paver etc between the bottom of the cooker and the base of the table to keep it from burning.

that's correct. i was referring to the bottom.

Do you do take out? If I can get you, Rick, and RonL to send me some Za I can see which region makes best Pizza ala food channel mod.

Wait... Don't you have as many Eggs a Rick now? Make your own farking pizza :-D :-D :-D

Great looking pizza, Scott!

Back