The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   wow just wow (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145005)

rgrizzle 09-28-2012 09:49 PM

wow just wow

I was having a conversation with a guy today that will be vending at a local festival next weekend that I will be vending at. He asked me what I was going to be selling so I told him Pulled Pork and brisket. He says with a straight face I'm doing bbq also. I said that awsome what kind of smoker are you using? he says, I don't have a smoker I am putting it in a crock pot and adding my seasoning that makes it taste like it was cooked out doors!:tsk: :crazy:
Needless to say I had to get away from him before I laughed at him.

REALLY!!!

Come on MAN!!

Daggs 09-28-2012 09:56 PM

There are 2 types, those who are in the know and then there are the rest.
I applaud your self control, now show him how it's done!
Best of luck

Camp 09-28-2012 10:04 PM

It's all fun and games at the Crock-Pot Forum !

Boshizzle 09-28-2012 10:14 PM

He's a lazy fraud. There's a lot of that going around nowadays. The last time I ate at a catered BBQ event I threw the plate in the trash. I couldn't eat the slop. Poorly electric cooker cooked "BBQ" with zero smoke very poorly and only slightly reheated with propane on site, canned beans, Costco cookies, and Giant food cole slaw. It was an abomination.

There should be a law against that stuff.

IamMadMan 09-28-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boshizzle (Post 2228774)
He's a lazy fraud. There's a lot of that going around nowadays. The last time I ate at a catered BBQ event I threw the plate in the trash. I couldn't eat the slop. Electric cooker cooked "BBQ" reheated with propane on site, canned beans, Costco cookies, and Giant food cole slaw. It was an abomination.

There should be a law against that stuff.

I agree, or at least a diclaimer.. This is not actual BBQ food..

LOL

Yes he's a fraud, but as long as the consumer continues to support (buy) his crap, he will remain in business.

rgrizzle, keep them smokers going so the customers can smell the goodness of your product.

Ye Olde Party Palace 09-28-2012 10:26 PM

At your event, find THAT guy and invite him over for some real BBQ. Show him how to really cook BBQ, and you "might" make a convert. Always worth a try. :rolleyes:

silverfinger 09-28-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ye Olde Party Palace (Post 2228785)
At your event, find THAT guy and invite him over for some real BBQ. Show him how to really cook BBQ, and you "might" make a convert. Always worth a try. :rolleyes:

Naw, he's your competition, just outsell him. He'll get the idea!

chriscw81 09-28-2012 10:44 PM

It's your duty to let others know his product isn't BBQ.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

alexhortdog95 09-28-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgrizzle (Post 2228745)
I was having a conversation with a guy today that will be vending at a local festival next weekend that I will be vending at. He asked me what I was going to be selling so I told him Pulled Pork and brisket. He says with a straight face I'm doing bbq also. I said that awsome what kind of smoker are you using? he says, I don't have a smoker I am putting it in a crock pot and adding my seasoning that makes it taste like it was cooked out doors!:tsk: :crazy:
Needless to say I had to get away from him before I laughed at him.

REALLY!!!

Come on MAN!!

:twitch:

Yikes....

alexhortdog95 09-28-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriscw81 (Post 2228799)
It's your duty to let others know his product isn't BBQ.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Faux-BQ....:laugh:

Boshizzle 09-28-2012 11:01 PM

That's it! Faux-B-Que!

rgrizzle 09-28-2012 11:38 PM

I didn't have the heart to tell him he is trying to compete against McDonalds' Mc Rib sandwhich which is nothing but faux-Q. I did tell him to come over and see me if he wants some real BBQ that's done right.

deguerre 09-29-2012 06:51 AM

You're all posers. Here's the real deal...

http://www.militarywivessaving.com/w...BBQandtubs.gif

bam 09-29-2012 07:03 AM

If you add sauce it aint? :crazy:

DJ_Golden_Child 09-29-2012 07:42 AM

A photo of the line in front of your stand vs his would be nice. I'm sure if you have something producing smoke that people will know which line to stand in.