Moorpark Pics

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Mista, i think you need to register with the CBBQA forum to see your pics.

And that brisket looks TERRIFIC.

I was pretty happy with the brisket so it surprised me that the judges liked it too!

Attachments

• moorparkbrisket.jpg
    moorparkbrisket.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 212
Congrats on the Brisket, Neil. It looks awesome! I sure wish you would of brought a sample over.
Did you use/do anything different? It looks like it might have a sauce on it, is that how you usually turn it in?
Later,
Bill

Bigmista I would like to know if you sauced it to or maybe a glaze?????

It does look outstanding.

Links are to another forum....:twisted:

The one here looks nice--thanks.

TIM

Oops! Forgot about the links to another forum. I will post them in photobucket when I get home.

I took a note from Smoking Cracker since he wins in brisket a lot. I pulled up a lot of his old posts and tried something I saw in one of them. I injected twice. Once before it went in the smoker and again before it went in the foil.

As for the shine, I made a simple bbq sauce and mixed a few tablespoons in with the Au Jus and dipped each slice in.

This brisket would have done terrible in a KCBS contest because it was over cooked and the ends were crumbling. A couple of slices even broke in half while I was dipping them. But since this was an IBCA contest, that worked in my favor.

In IBCA contests, the judges don't get an individual slice to play with and pull on. They never touch the meat. They have to cut off a piece with a plastic knife and fork. So my brisket cut easily and I ended up with good "tenderness".

You tasted some after you figured out which one was first?

I was wondering about the forks and turn in boxes w/o garnish. What is up with the pulled butts, something for presentation? And is it whole chicken for IBCA?
Any drum pron?

Brian

IBCA does Half Chickens, Spare Ribs and Brisket Slices in most contests
Here in the west we add Pork Shoulder or Butt
The Fork and Knife is because we use more Judges than there are pieces of meat in the box
After the contests there is meat in the box teams can see what the winner looked like

Oops! Forgot about the links to another forum. I will post them in photobucket when I get home.

I took a note from Smoking Cracker since he wins in brisket a lot. I pulled up a lot of his old posts and tried something I saw in one of them. I injected twice. Once before it went in the smoker and again before it went in the foil.

As for the shine, I made a simple bbq sauce and mixed a few tablespoons in with the Au Jus and dipped each slice in.

This brisket would have done terrible in a KCBS contest because it was over cooked and the ends were crumbling. A couple of slices even broke in half while I was dipping them. But since this was an IBCA contest, that worked in my favor.

In IBCA contests, the judges don't get an individual slice to play with and pull on. They never touch the meat. They have to cut off a piece with a plastic knife and fork. So my brisket cut easily and I ended up with good "tenderness".

I thought under IBCA rules you couldn't put anything on the meat after it came off the smoker?

Looks damn good to me anyway8)

You are right we were doing a CBBQA contest under IBCA Rules with a West Coast Sauce exception LOL We be using sauce in California

Back