Brisket cook - first post

Daddyx

Hey all,

Been lurking and commenting on posts for a bit but decided to finally post after getting some decent pics this time around. I smoked 3 Costco Prime briskets that were about 15 lbs each last weekend for some family, friends, and neighbors. The weather forecast called for rain and boy did it storm, right when I fired up my smoker too, took a bit of work to get things lit but after that things went smooth. Rubbed with Meat Church Holy Cow and Holy Gospel, my go to beef rubs. Smoked at 250°F for about 10 hours with oak wood, wrapped them at around 7 hours in butcher paper and rested for a few hours in my Cambro Go Box before slicing. They turned out pretty good, not my best work but people usually don't complain about free brisket.

P1080448_zpsmsu2opgu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P1080732_zps11ucgpph.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P1080917_zps0zhmzoe5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P1080994_zps8gnfu3b6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice. Very nice pics and the brisket looks good to me. I'll be awaiting shipment of that free brisket.

Do you notice a big difference in the Costco prime briskets over a choice brisket from like Kroger or somewhere? I've been wanting to go buy some from Costco, but Kroger has one on sale every time I get ready to do one, which isn't a bad thing. I just imagine the prime has to be a little better meat.

Do you notice a big difference in the Costco prime briskets over a choice brisket from like Kroger or somewhere? I've been wanting to go buy some from Costco, but Kroger has one on sale every time I get ready to do one, which isn't a bad thing. I just imagine the prime has to be a little better meat.

Since the prime briskets at Costco are cheaper than the choice at the local markets, prime is all I have ever cooked. Sorry I don't have a good answer for that one. I do know that the prime have always been excellent quality with fantastic points.

Prime vs Choice

In Houston area the prime from Costco might have a bit more marbling but they are fatter than a Choice from Krogers. Best is to buy a Prime from HEB for usually about same as Costco.

Since the prime briskets at Costco are cheaper than the choice at the local markets, prime is all I have ever cooked. Sorry I don't have a good answer for that one. I do know that the prime have always been excellent quality with fantastic points.

Must be nice, In PA, Costco doesn't even carry Packers, let alone Prime packers. I almost made the mistake of buying a membership based on this forum. I am glad i had enough common sense to look around before heading to customer service to waste $100 or w/e the membership costs. Still salty i wasted a 20 minute drive.

Back