Ash catcher for Weber search...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I have a 1995 red Webber 22.5 inch Master's Touch, which is now called the One Touch Gold.

My MT is pretty much all original -- obviously I've had to replace grates over the years. But, I even have the original wood handles.

The ash catcher underneath is gone. The attachment hardware rusted and broke, so I took it off and put it somewhere, and it grew legs and walked off. It probably got tossed in the divorce/moving process.

I'd like to replace it and bring the kettle back to original specs. The new OTG catchers are different, and I can't find anyplace that sells them, including Weber's parts website.

If I could find a cheap used MT or OTG, that has the same catcher, that would be ideal. No luck so far on CL here in DFW. All OTS models on there.

Another option would be a Brethren that bought one of those kettles to get the lid for a UDS. Anyone out there fit this description?

I wouldn't go through this hassle if it were not for the fact that red Webers are no longer made. Plus, this particular grill has become part of the family -- kind of like a pet.

I'd like to put it back the way it was when I got it 16 years ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CD

casey have you actually called Weber and asked them? I was talking on the phone one night with a girl at Weber and and she told me they have alot of parts not listed on the web site.

Also, are you sure you could not adapt a new OTG cather to work with the Master Touch?

casey have you actually called Weber and asked them? I was talking on the phone one night with a girl at Weber and and she told me they have alot of parts not listed on the web site.

Also, are you sure you could not adapt a new OTG cather to work with the Master Touch?

I sent an email to their customer service department. They usually get back to me within a day.

Even if I can get a new version, I'd prefer an old version, for authenticity -- and I figure it would be cheaper. But, I can't even find a new version, so far.

CD

I have a 1995 red Webber 22.5 inch Master's Touch, which is now called the One Touch Gold.

My MT is pretty much all original -- obviously I've had to replace grates over the years. But, I even have the original wood handles.

The ash catcher underneath is gone. The attachment hardware rusted and broke, so I took it off and put it somewhere, and it grew legs and walked off. It probably got tossed in the divorce/moving process.

I'd like to replace it and bring the kettle back to original specs. The new OTG catchers are different, and I can't find anyplace that sells them, including Weber's parts website.

If I could find a cheap used MT or OTG, that has the same catcher, that would be ideal. No luck so far on CL here in DFW. All OTS models on there.

Another option would be a Brethren that bought one of those kettles to get the lid for a UDS. Anyone out there fit this description?

I wouldn't go through this hassle if it were not for the fact that red Webers are no longer made. Plus, this particular grill has become part of the family -- kind of like a pet.

I'd like to put it back the way it was when I got it 16 years ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CD

There is a guy around here that had some old style ash catcher brackets made and was selling them over on tvwbb site.
But you can take a newer style assembly and it should fit on your leg sockets, if not it wouldn't take much to mod it to fit.

Back