Buckboard Bacon "BBLT" Construction...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Plus...how to drive your poochie crazy...

First you fry the bacon...

IMG_4079.jpg

"Jake" didn't move from this spot the whole time...

IMG_4082.jpg

Whole wheat toast...

IMG_4083.jpg

Slather on some mayo...

IMG_4084.jpg

Add the bacon...lots of bacon...

IMG_4085.jpg

Add the tomatoes...

IMG_4086.jpg

Then the lettuce...

IMG_4087.jpg

Finished product...

IMG_4088.jpg

Happy poochie...:p

IMG_4091.jpg

Life is good! :p

Man, I'm hungry now, but I still have at least antoher 5-6 days to go on my BBB cure.

man that looks good!!. I have read a thread on that before awhile back. I dont reme,ber how it's made. It's pork butt? Cured? can ya post the how to?

Two options, you can buy the cure pre-made, or make your own. Hign Mountain Buckboard Bacon Cure is the brand to search for if buying. If making your own, the recipe is equal parts Morton Tender Quick and Brown Sugar.

Take a boneless Boston Butt and cut into 3 1/2" thick pieces. Or, buy some Shoulder Cut Country Style Ribs which are the same thing. For the rub mixture, you want 2 tbsp per pound of meat (that's 1 tbsp Morton Tender Quick and 1 tbsp Brown Sugar per pound of meat). The best thing to do to ensure even coverage is to put the rub/cure mix in a shaker and shake all over the meat until you have used up the right amount over all the meat. Then wrap up tight in a ziploc with all the air pushed out, or put in a vaccum sealer. Place in the fridge for 10 days, turning every day or so. After the curing process is complete, rinse of the meat under running water to remove some of the cure. I do not soak, but you can if you wish and this will remove even more of the nitrates in the cure. Then smoke at 200 until temp hits 160 internal. At this point you have buckboard bacon and can do with it what you wish.

Man that looks good!! Can't wait for mine to finish curing. Got about 3 days left.

Doug

As I looked at that sammie pic I realized that I'm making the same facial expression that Jake is........................damn that looks good!!

BBB is on my must try list for this summer.

I have been stuck in a hotel, Mon-Fri for the last 5 weeks, and you are killing me. I miss being home with my family during the week, obviously, but the day to day cooking is what I didn't expect I would miss. BBB is on my list to do when I am home.

The BBB is one thing, but Im drooling over those tomatoes. Man... we cant find anything that good looking around here for another few months, even the "vine ripened" stupid expensive ones are orange bricks right now.......

Have another for all of us!!!

Back