Hello From The SF Bay Area, California

Status
Not open for further replies.

huminie

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

New to the site, but not new to barbeque. I have been grilling and smoking for years and this year decided to try my hand at competitions. I am in "training" and hope to enter my first competition in the 2011 season.

So far I have been doing a ton of research and practice. I have also made some friends with my local association (CBBQA) and teams. I recently attended an event and had the privilege of working in the judges tent during turn ins and judging. I got to see the finished products, watch the judging process and even had the chance to taste some of what was turned in. It was an amazing learning experience.

At the end of August I will be attending another event and I am hoping to become an "honorary member" of a team where I can help for the duration of the competition. I am discussing this possibility with a team now.

I also have a couple friends who do the competition thing in Florida and Kansas and they have been helping from afar.

Ok, well that was probably TMI, but I wanted to let you know where I am coming from in the beginning so you will know why I am asking so many questions! LOL I hope to learn a lot and hopefully can share some of what I know already!

See you 'round the pit!

-Adam

Yes, welcome to the Brethren bay area type folk person. Have you met Ric Gilbert yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back