SMOKE N'STEAM Grilling contest Oyster Bay NY

YankeeBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The Oyster Bay Railroad Museum is pleased to announce their first ever-grilling competition to benefit and raise awareness of their museum in the New York area. Team grilling will be conducted on the Audrey Ave. extension and railroad plaza of the national landmark Oyster Bay train station in Oyster Bay New York. This event is sanctioned by the New England BBQ Society (NEBS) and will proceed, rain or shine. Entertainment provided by blues/rock group Cadillac Moon.
See the NEBS Event Schedule for more details.

May 10th 2008

The Oyster Bay Railroad Museum is pleased to announce their first ever-grilling competition to benefit and raise awareness of their museum in the New York area. Team grilling will be conducted on the Audrey Ave. extension and railroad plaza of the national landmark Oyster Bay train station in Oyster Bay New York. This event is sanctioned by the New England BBQ Society (NEBS) and will proceed, rain or shine. Entertainment provided by blues/rock group Cadillac Moon.
See the NEBS Event Schedule for more details.

May 10th 2008

I'm glad that came together, Steve....Nice job all around. Should be a good event.....

Sent in my application yesterday. Rules say cooking with wood only, though. I assume that's an error.

Where does it say that ?

Fire extinguisher- Is mandatory for each team site and will be inspected.

Meat inspection-Will be conducted by a NEBS representative.

USE WOOD! Wood fires only when cooking. Propane may be used to start fires only.

food handling-Meat, poultry and oysters must be kept at 40 degrees or below when raw, and above 140 degrees when cooked. Proper handling of food is required using latex gloves, or similar. A wash station will also be required with warm water and soap to satisfy health code requirements.

Fire extinguisher- Is mandatory for each team site and will be inspected.

Meat inspection-Will be conducted by a NEBS representative.

USE WOOD! Wood fires only when cooking. Propane may be used to start fires only.

food handling-Meat, poultry and oysters must be kept at 40 degrees or below when raw, and above 140 degrees when cooked. Proper handling of food is required using latex gloves, or similar. A wash station will also be required with warm water and soap to satisfy health code requirements.

That's not from the official cooks package is it ? I just looked at the one on the NEBS site and that's not on there. Wood, charcoal and pellets are in the packet on the NEBS site.

That's not from the official cooks package is it ? I just looked at the one on the NEBS site and that's not on there. Wood, charcoal and pellets are in the packet on the NEBS site.

Cool. I figured. Haven't checked that one out, only the rules that were emailed with the application.

Back