Quesadilla on Homemade Rustic Corn Tortillas

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I had some fresh masa leftover from the taco fest we had on Saturday, so I decided to put it to good use and make some fresh tortillas for a quesadilla.

We buy fresh white masa at our local Mexican market, then make our own using a tortilla press and hot griddle. These tortillas are better than any store bought tortillas, even ones that are just a few hours old. The flavor profile of good homemade tortillas is incomparable - wonderful earthy corn taste along with a soft pillowy texture that is nothing short of heaven.

After the tortillas were cooked, I put a pile of Colby Jack on one of the tortillas, then topped it with another and cooked the whole thing on the griddle using low heat till the cheese was fully melted.

Served up with some homemade pico de gallo and salsa roja:

DSC_0326.jpg

It was really tasty!

If you can find fresh white masa locally, it's well worth getting a tortilla press and making your own. Once you do, you'll never go back! The masa also freezes well, so you can save some for another meal.

Farker! I'm behind at work, I hit "new posts" right before getting back to work, and now look where I am. :tsk:

Just wow. I gotta try that masa thang.

That really is glorious. Now I'm all distracted.

You know... I don't think I've ever had a tortilla fresh off the griddle. But I do love Mexican food. Quesadillas and chimichangas drive me to distraction. This would definitely be worth looking into. It looks incredibly good!! Thanks! :grin:

That looks great. Being a Californian, I a love Mexican food. And fresh Tortillas.....yum!

Back