• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cheeze pleeze,cold smoked.....

Hoss

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
This is SO STUPID EASY! Soldering iron,bean can,wood chips.Cold smoke in ANY weather.If it's hot out,fill the waterpan with ice to keep the temp down.These make great Christmas "Happys".

100_4869.jpg

100_4870.jpg

100_4871.jpg

100_4872.jpg

100_4873.jpg

100_4874.jpg

100_4876.jpg

100_4875.jpg

whoops you said it was a soldering gun! lol that is a fantastic idea

do you have pics of finished product too?

whoops you said it was a soldering gun! lol that is a fantastic idea

do you have pics of finished product too?

It states soldering IRON.:wink:

Freezer Ziplocs and into the fridge for a week or two to mellow.A necessary step indeed.

100_4877.jpg

great job! I've heard that it's best to mellow it as well. Just curious, how long did you leave it in the smoke and what type of wood?

great job! I've heard that it's best to mellow it as well. Just curious, how long did you leave it in the smoke and what type of wood?

In the smoke for 90 minutes.I used Jack Daniels wood chips.I will rest in the fridge,in the freezer ziplocs for at LEAST a week,maybe 10 days.These were 8 oz blocks.

Looks good! wanna try this. I think it's JUST starting to cool down here (and when I say that I mean 70's at night :heh:) This is on the list. Thanks for the reminder.

Cheers

Smoked cheese is just the best!

Not sure if you Guys can get these on the other side of the pond but a Pro Q Cold Smoke Generator is awesome.

A fine mesh square that you fill with dust and let smoulder....lasts about 10 to 12hrs on 100grams of dust...here it is, Mods, please, if this deemed incorrect, please remove the link - I have no affiliation to this company (indeed, I bought mine elsewhere)

http://www.macsbbq.co.uk/CSG.html

That is WAAAAAYY too easy. Here I was trying to engineer a new way to create cold smoke - you totally dumbed it down. Awesome, I'm going to steal your idea! Thank you!

@ everybody. It is not original.I got the idea/method from a good friend of mine named Jody(Firetruck on the Greenegger forum) from Bartlett,TN.I have no idea where he got it ,but I appreciate him sharing it with me and am happy to share it with the Brethren(as I know he would).It works. :-D I regret not giving him credit in the initial post.Sorry.:doh:

This is SO STUPID EASY! Soldering iron,bean can,wood chips.Cold smoke in ANY weather.If it's hot out,fill the waterpan with ice to keep the temp down.These make great Christmas "Happys".

100_4870.jpg

Does it have to be a bean can?? Which brand works best??? :pound:

Hey bro... I think I see some condensation in the bag with the pepper jack..... keep your eye on that, you may need to vent the bag. Or switch to a new bag.

Does it have to be a bean can?? Which brand works best??? :pound:

Hey bro... I think I see some condensation in the bag with the pepper jack..... keep your eye on that, you may need to vent the bag. Or switch to a new bag.

Bush's(ORIGINAL) of course.:laugh: Yeah,I already had the bags in the fridge when someone wanted to see a finished pic.Humid an warm here.I should have foodsavered but ran outta time.I check em everyday.THANKS for the "Heads Up".

Nice! I find the hardest part is not eating any while it's aging in the fridge. It's always well worth the wait in the end though.

Back