The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Contest Announcment Battle of the BBQ Brethren PA -BBQ @ The Beach, Heston, PA Sept. 17-18th 2011 (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105890)

Big Ugly's BBQ 06-22-2011 12:47 PM

If you have the ability, I highly recommend this comp!!! Bring the family, friends, or anyone who wants to have a great time, well worth the trip and the view is spectacular

Skip 06-22-2011 07:39 PM

Wow Pittsburgh Sams Club and this with the regional the week after. This makes for a really tough month. But this contest is top notch with a great venue.

Red Valley BBQ 06-22-2011 10:31 PM

How's the judging situation? The wife and I would be willing to judge if you are still looking for judges. We are both CBJ's.

Ponderosa BBQ 06-22-2011 11:55 PM

I would like to do it because it's a week before my sams club contest in Pittsburgh I might fly out there if I could round up some cookers,table,cooler...

Smokin Turkey 06-23-2011 10:27 AM

Thanks guys for talkin' us up! I personally feel we have a great venue for the scenery and the teams we bring in. I wanted to bring a comp to my area and just make a competition that people wanted to come to and have fun with the whole family and we are building on that this year with expanded kids area, bands, vendors, and stuff for the adults like beer and wine tasting, the lake cruises, and all that stuff.

As far as judges, we can always use judges! We need reliable judges who will commit to attending. I know last year we had 100% CBJ on our lists but the day came and some didn't show. (they will not be asked to attend again). Give Ed a call at 1-888-Raystown x-11 to get on the list.

:clap2:

Smokin Turkey 07-10-2011 08:03 PM

Just checking in - Any other teams considering this one? We are up to 16 now with about 70 days out. We are cutting it off at 42 and plan to get close to it by the end of August.

Im only checking in as our next meeting for the comp is tomorrow and id like to get a report.

Anything you'd like me to answer or bring up at the meeting?

Really excited! We will be looking at the designs for the custom awards and making a decision on those also.

:thumb:

Slamdunkpro 07-10-2011 08:10 PM

I'll know by the 25th whether my business conflict is resolved.

tmcmaster 07-11-2011 09:04 AM

This is an awesome comp!!! And the scenery is like a screen saver!!!

Smokin Turkey 07-11-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slamdunkpro (Post 1704886)
I'll know by the 25th whether my business conflict is resolved.

I had no idea you were having a potential conflict! I really hope it works out. You were great having last year!! (loved the deep dish)

Slamdunkpro 07-11-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Turkey (Post 1706061)
I had no idea you were having a potential conflict! I really hope it works out. You were great having last year!! (loved the deep dish)

Yeah, this came up recently. Pesky customers......:cool:

Red Valley BBQ 07-11-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderosa BBQ (Post 1683450)
I would like to do it because it's a week before my sams club contest in Pittsburgh I might fly out there if I could round up some cookers,table,cooler...

What kind of cooker are you looking for? I have an Oklahoma Joe stick burner I could loan you along with some basic necessities, ie: tables, ezup, etc. Essentially a basic comp setup.

Smokin Turkey 07-12-2011 11:19 AM

Just cooked for the BBQ @ the Beach preview over at the visitors center. Was a decent turn out. Cooked a case of wings (just over 300) and they went in under an hour so there ya go! People here are excited and looking forward to a bigger and better year.

Red Valley BBQ 07-17-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Turkey (Post 1683822)
As far as judges, we can always use judges! We need reliable judges who will commit to attending. I know last year we had 100% CBJ on our lists but the day came and some didn't show. (they will not be asked to attend again). Give Ed a call at 1-888-Raystown x-11 to get on the list.

Called and left a voicemail and also sent an email. Did Ed go on vacation and not tell anybody? :shock: Hope to hear from him soon, would like to plan a weekend getaway camping at the lake.

Smokin Turkey 07-18-2011 12:52 PM

I can possibly help you with what you need. Also, I called his office and he is out until 8am tomorrow. He has been working on a bunch of events at the Lake and I know he needed some time off to recoup.

Smokin Turkey 07-18-2011 01:02 PM

I just got a call from Ed. He has been in business meetings for his job Fri and today all over the state. He sends his apologies for not responding. If you have an email and or voice mail into him, he sail he will get back to you as soon as he gets back.

Thanks!