***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "New Years Traditions" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "New Years Traditions" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"New Years Traditions"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 1/15.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]Meat Burner[/size]
1499582_Meat_Burner.jpg

[size=+2]sawyerrt10[/size]
1499614_sawyerrt10.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
1499659_Gore.jpg

[size=+2]bluetang[/size]
1499668_bluetang.jpg

[size=+2]Shiz-Nit[/size]
1500433_Shiz-Nit.jpg

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
1500576_ecode.jpg

[size=+2]Moose[/size]
1500589_Moose.jpg

[size=+2]landarc[/size]
1500698_landarc.jpg

[size=+2]SmokinAussie[/size]
1501409_SmokinAussie.jpg

[size=+2]bproffer[/size]
1501719_bproffer.jpg

Since we don't have a New Years Tradition (other than to sit around and watch football games and movies) I wasn't swayed by any personal prejudices as to what the meal should be. Therefore I had a tough time deciding, as I would have gladly made a buffet using all the entries.

But ultimately the steam rising off those steaks won me over and I voted for Gore.

But ultimately the steam rising off those steaks won me over and I voted for Gore.

Yup......my sentiments exactly. I've neer had duck, lamb, or black eyed peas. ALL looked great, but hard to go wrong with beef steaks!

Nicely done everyone.

I really should think about getting back into the Throwdowns.

.........AHHHHH....why? I've already got my ZERO, why keep punishing myself?!?!:rolleyes::becky:

Great looking entries from everyone but had to join the Steak brigade....Gore got my vote...

They all look great, but you know what that commercial said "Beef, it's what's for dinner"! Gonna have to vote for Gore.

I had to go with Landarcs Teriyaki Chicken. I'm all in a meat slather from trying to decide the winner in the Virgin TD thread.

Chicken seems like the right thing and looks like I could dig into a couple right now.

The BBQQB

Very tough one. In the end I had to go with the black eye peas with ham, cornbread, and collards for the New Year.

This was a tough choice for me. I was torn between Gore's outstanding looking steak, bluetang's killer plate of ham, greens, beans and cornbread and landarc's beautiful chicken thighs. I went with landarc in the end though because not only was the chicken yummy looking (great pic BTW) but I like the long standing tradition he's kept. Now Bob, won't you please tell me what you served with those thighs?!:thumb:

The lunch table...
Oden, a Japanese stew of fish cakes, daikon, potatoes, lotus roots, carrots bamboo shoots etc...
Makisushi, the well known rolled sushi in nori
Chicken Teriyaki
Kuromame, which is normally black soy beans, but, we used black beans
Kinpira, a saute of burdock root and carrots

Missing due to my lack of remembering...
inarisushi, which is sushi rice and veggies stuffed into fried tofu skins
takuan, pickled daikon
mirinzuke, vegetables pickled in sweet sake
rakkyo, pickled scallion bulbs

Had to go with a classic

All great choices, but can you turn down pork, black eyed peas, greens and cornbread for New Years's?

The first post says poll closes 1/15 but the thread is saying the poll has closed 1/9. Am i missing something? :confused:

Hey bluetang, looks like we proved that you just can't go wrong with beans/peas, ham, greens and cornbread!:wink: Pure Southern goodness.:thumb: Congrats on the win!

Back