Eggwegofest - Eggfest in Oswego, IL (Chicago Area)

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who's going to be at Eggwegofest in Oswego on Saturday, Sept. 26, 2009?

My schedule has finally firmed up and I will be there and will be cooking. I think Willkat is coming. Any one else? Dive?

http://eggwegofest.com/

I also need ideas on what to cook! I was going to make MOINK Balls but apparently I was too late and someone else is making MOINK Balls! (Must be a Brethren?) Now I am think about Sriracha-Orange Marmalade wings. Any other ideas? i want something easy to prep and easy for folks to eat. I need to plan on 150 people.

hmmmmm... that might be fun.
are you guys staying at a hotel or driving in?

Di and I will be cooking also Ron. What time are you guys going? Do you want to meet up on the way somewhere? I know Wilkat said he was interested, but I think he might have had some conflicts.

We're cooking small bites, MOINKS, and other bacon wrapped bits (cherries, marinated water chestnuts, cherry tomatoes, etc.)
The marinated wings sound pretty good! Maybe medallions of marinated tenderloin? Kebabs?

Who's going to be at Eggwegofest in Oswego on Saturday, Sept. 26, 2009?

My schedule has finally firmed up and I will be there and will be cooking. I think Willkat is coming. Any one else? Dive?

http://eggwegofest.com/

I also need ideas on what to cook! I was going to make MOINK Balls but apparently I was too late and someone else is making MOINK Balls! (Must be a Brethren?) Now I am think about Sriracha-Orange Marmalade wings. Any other ideas? i want something easy to prep and easy for folks to eat. I need to plan on 150 people.

I'm thinking pig candy, Neil's Nuts, or Fatties Ronello.

who says you need to feed 150? just cook something you want to make and don't worry about how many it will feed. it's gone when it's gone.

what should i make? let's take this thing over, brothers! :twisted:

Rick, are you seriously coming to this?
Will be cool to meet the king of PRON!

yep. it's just over 5 hours away.

their website says "ended" for signing up as a cook, so i reckon i'll have to just watch. :roll:
maybe i'll just tow my trailer up and bring my own eggs and set up across the street!
:biggrin:

their website says "ended" for signing up as a cook, so i reckon i'll have to just watch. :roll:
maybe i'll just tow my trailer up and bring my own eggs and set up across the street!

I'm sure one of the Brothers attending would allow you to cook on theirs.

It's only an hour away for Dann and me, but the web site does say that they have rooms blocked at a couple of local hotels. If you are serious about coming I am pretty sure that they have room for more cooks, but they don't have any more demo Eggs available. I don't think they sold as many as they wanted. I'll PM you the organizer's e-mail address. Send her an e-mail and ask! I didn't contact her until Thursday and she was happy to have another cook. But, you'd either have to bring an Egg or we can see if we can find someone to bring on for you.

It's only an hour away for Dann and me, but the web site does say that they have rooms blocked at a couple of local hotels. If you are serious about coming I am pretty sure that they have room for more cooks, but they don't have any more demo Eggs available. I don't think they sold as many as they wanted. I'll PM you the organizer's e-mail address. Send her an e-mail and ask! I didn't contact her until Thursday and she was happy to have another cook. But, you'd either have to bring an Egg or we can see if we can find someone to bring on for you.

I pm'd Rick her email. As I explained to him, I paid for admission before I decided to cook, so they owe me a refund. If she'll agree to it, my admission can pay his way in, and he can share an egg with me, as my small bites shouldn't take long. I'm bringing a placesetter to keep things indirect (she said they wouldn't be available, except to purchase)
We should be able to figure something out.

Seen too much of that PRON of his not to want to taste something the guy cooks!

BTW, is anyone familiar with this venue? I was thinking of bringing a cambro, and a couple chafing setups to keep stuff hot. Maybe a small collapsible table. With a 4 wheel cart to lug it around. It this on asphalt, concrete, grass????

Di and I will be cooking also Ron. What time are you guys going? Do you want to meet up on the way somewhere? I know Wilkat said he was interested, but I think he might have had some conflicts.

We're cooking small bites, MOINKS, and other bacon wrapped bits (cherries, marinated water chestnuts, cherry tomatoes, etc.)
The marinated wings sound pretty good! Maybe medallions of marinated tenderloin? Kebabs?

At least it is a Brethren making MOINK Balls! Sounds like I should stay away from anything bacon-wrapped :-D

i lived in naperville for a year in first grade, so this will be like a home coming! i got my tongue stuck to bee bee elementary :biggrin:

Well..............you folks are very well versed on making pizza on the eggs!
Just thinking out loud here.

BTW, is anyone familiar with this venue? I was thinking of bringing a cambro, and a couple chafing setups to keep stuff hot. Maybe a small collapsible table. With a 4 wheel cart to lug it around. It this on asphalt, concrete, grass????

I am familiar with it.

I was there couple months ago, but passed by again 2 weeks ago.

Its a clearing in a cornfield, depending on which way you come upon it.

The event itself is held in the fields behind the small garden shop.

The pictures from last year show what I mean:
http://eggwegofest.com/eggwegofest-photo-gallery/

Last year was very wet! We had several inches of rain that weekend. I missed the Eggfest because that was the weekend that I slipped on the deck and fell down the stairs.

Dann, Nancy told me that they will have the large tent set up again and the Eggs will be around the perimeter of the tent. They are providing tables for the cooks. I will probably bring a chafing setup that uses the disposable foil pans to keep things hot, but I plan on cooking as needed so I probably won't bring a cambro.

Bill... How level is the ground? Since i am bringing my Egg i am wondering about moving it around in the nest. There should be plenty of help.

Oh yeah, Dann, I will probably get there early. The Lighting Of The Eggs is at 9 so i want to be set up and ready to go by then. I'm thinking about getting there between 7:30 and 8:00.

Yeah it does! Don't see anyone worrying about chafers or food temps. Guess there's enough folks to gobble it all up quick! Might need to rethink the transport mode! Think I might need something a bit more rugged!:roll:

Back