• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pastrami again.....

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
It's a balmy 8 degrees here is southeastern PA (that's just wrong) and the local grocery store had corned beef on sale for $1.85/lb. What's a girl to do but make pastrami!

Attachments

• 8 degrees.jpg
    8 degrees.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 201
  • rubbed and ready.jpg
    rubbed and ready.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 201
  • cosy on the egg.jpg
    cosy on the egg.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 201
Looking great Lynn!
I see you guys are having a heat wave today.....where's the white stuff? :cool:

nice looking start, just one problem...that blue thermopen is probably off a couple of degrees, may want to trade it in for a more accurate and faster orange one.

Hey, great idea this time of year. I am gonna look for a sale around here. Are those points? Be sure to show us some pics of the sliced product.

I haven't made pastrami yet, but I can see from the color of your Thermapen that pastrami isn't all that sensitive to temperature accuracy.

I pulled a 5# flat out of the brine Weds. nite and plan on firing up the new BGE, (lg), tomorrow when it's a little warmer. First time out with the egg so I figured go with a pastrami, why the heck not?

I have a full packer corned beef 13.8 lb that I put in a 5 gallon food container Thursday PM. Thought I would change the water last night....it was about 4 degrees...some ice..thought that the salt in the brisket would keep it from freezing...this AM it was -4 degrees.. took it indoors this PM and changed the water.. back outside

Hope to rub it and smoke it tomorrow!

Lookin good ...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

is 2 days in water too much, my last still had to much salt........changed it 2 times in 3days.............what do you think?

I've never had to soak my "store bought" corned beef more than four or five hours. I change the water every 30 minutes during that time. Not too salty with this method. Never done a whole packer before so maybe that would require extra time but two days seems like a lot to me.

LMAJ the start of your pastrami looks really good.

Still snowing here.. Pastrami is looking great...up to 164... would like to take it off at 170-180...

I love cooking in the snow...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Back