The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Cuts in Creekstone brisket? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169788)

Coz 08-29-2013 11:30 AM

Cuts in Creekstone brisket?

Any one having issues with Creekstone briskets having cuts in the flats this year ? I have had at least 6 with cuts from butchering in the flats. this morning I had a very nice Prime that had 4 cuts in the flat .I brought this up to them earlier in the year and they really didn't say anything then. I sent them another email this morning . I look at them hard before I get them and still find cuts when I open them .Never had this issue with them in the past. Between what I bought and what I left at the store I bet I saw 18-20 with cuts.

Arlin_MacRae 08-29-2013 11:45 AM

Sounds like it's time to express your dissatisfaction with your wallet!

Coz 08-29-2013 12:06 PM

Arlin, I am trying to get a different source but here in Wi its tough. And could you move this to the comp section ? I posted in the wrong place .Thanks .

Arlin_MacRae 08-29-2013 02:05 PM

Done. Sorry *I* didn't notice!!
Good luck.

John Bowen 08-29-2013 02:17 PM

The last one I bought had a big slice on the flat. I bought it August 10, 2013.

Just Pulin' Pork 08-29-2013 02:27 PM

We had one 2 weekends ago that had a big slice in it. We worked around it. Rub covered it up and after it was cooked and the bark built up you could not see it.

Jon

landarc 08-29-2013 02:30 PM

It depends a lot on how deep the cut is. Often the slice does sort of disappear.

But, I would tell them, that you are going to walk if they don't start cutting better. The slice comes from sloppy butchering practices (duh, Captain Obvious is heeeerre). They make it when removing other parts deemed more desirable.

Hot Wachulas 08-29-2013 02:50 PM

I had that problem with Myers and switched to Creekstone. I have since switched to SRF since I can get them locally with no freight. It does stink when you pay that much and have a big gash to deal with. I even bought a few packets of meat glue to have on hand just for that reason.

Podge 08-29-2013 02:53 PM

Are you ordering the ones online or locally?

bmonkman 08-29-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Wachulas (Post 2606312)
I had that problem with Myers and switched to Creekstone. I have since switched to SRF since I can get them locally with no freight. It does stink when you pay that much and have a big gash to deal with. I even bought a few packets of meat glue to have on hand just for that reason.

Meat glue??

Hot Wachulas 08-29-2013 03:07 PM

Transglutiminasse or however you spell it. Still havent used it yet. You sprinkle the powder in the gash and press it together and it will bond the meat back together. Some people use it to hold chicken skins on thighs.

do0d 08-29-2013 03:09 PM

Yep out of the 4 I picked up locally in the past few weeks 2 had deep cuts...one so bad it wouldn't have been useable for a comp.

INmitch 08-29-2013 03:21 PM

Twice earlier this year I had big slices in the flat. I sent them pics of the slices and they sent replacements. No questions asked.
Funny you brought this up. Last night I opened one up to trim for this weekend and sure as chit it had a few slices but they were over on the thin side of the flat which I trimmed off.
I thought of sending them a pic any how. Just so they know.

Fat Freddy 08-29-2013 04:38 PM

Bought my first and will be only 1 in early July and it had a slice in the flat. Scored OK but still irked me off to where I will never buy another.

Big Country BBQ 08-29-2013 04:43 PM

try Bravehart briskets they are prime if not SRF are good