Is this what you mean by a "score"?

kyle corn

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
This tank has been sitting on the lot at my job for YEARS. I finally got tired of it sitting there and asked the right people if it was available and they told me that if I hauled it off I could have it for free! This should be a fun project. It's 6 feet long and 30" around. Best part is it's an air compressor tank, not a propane tank so I don't need to worry about blowing up!

I already have the trailer to mount it on, but I'll need to beef it up with a stronger axle(s) and springs.

I just had to share my excitement!

Attachments

• IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 333
Good score. Not to put a damper on good thoughts, but before you invest time and cash into this, tap around the bottom of the tank with a hammer looking for thin spots. Air compressor tanks hold a lot of moisture and often, the reason they fail is rust through.

Good luck with your adventure!

Good score. Not to put a damper on good thoughts, but before you invest time and cash into this, tap around the bottom of the tank with a hammer looking for thin spots. Air compressor tanks hold a lot of moisture and often, the reason they fail is rust through.

Good luck with your adventure!

Thanks for the heads up, I will make sure I look into that! :thumb:

yeah that would be classified as an awesome score.... good luck with the project

So I took a hammer and tapped it all over and there were no thin spots that I could tell. That gives me the confidence to go ahead and move forward with cutting it open to check it out from the inside.

Yes!!!! That is my next build a 120 gal!!! Nice score!!

Are you saying this thing is a 120 gallon or do you just mean your next project is a 120 gallon tank? I really don't know how big this is in gallson, but I did assume it was bigger than 120 gallon.

I suppose it doesn't really matter, as this thing is massive and exactly what I've been looking for!

So I took a hammer and tapped it all over and there were no thin spots that I could tell. That gives me the confidence to go ahead and move forward with cutting it open to check it out from the inside.

Cool beans! I would say that looks much larger than 120 gallon size from the pic. Good luck with your build.

Let's see, big tank, free...Yeah, Yup, that's a SCORE of MASIVE PROPORTIONS :thumb:

If my calculations are correct, that's a 220 gallon tank. V=pi r^2 h
pi=3.142
r^2=1.5625' (assuming 30" around means across and not circumference)
h=6'
===29.46 cubic feet X 7.4805 cubic feet per gallon = 220.347 gallon

That should make a real nice build.

If my calculations are correct, that's a 220 gallon tank. V=pi r^2 h
pi=3.142
r^2=1.5625' (assuming 30" around means across and not circumference)
h=6'
===29.46 cubic feet X 7.4805 cubic feet per gallon = 220.347 gallon

That should make a real nice build.

Do you do taxes......just askin' :thumb:

Having a job is the "BIG SCORE" the tank is a bonus.
good luck on your smoker, take your time cut once and measure twice.

The big score is having a job the tank is a bonus. Good luck on your smoker, cut once measure twice.

Good score! I want to be there the SECOND time you use it. I've been to one too many first times. I'm still paying off the medical bills. LOL

Seriously, looks like a good donor container for a smoker.

Back