Sunday night cook, ribeye pron!

Mad Max

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Went to BJ's on Saturday and found these on sale. So it was beef what was for dinner.
ribeyecooka.jpg

I decided to do them on the brick grill so I fired up the chimney full of Kingsford and at the same time, the wife seasoned the steaks, with black pepper, kosher salt, and garlic powder.

ribeyecookb.jpg

ribeyecook.jpg

When the coals were ready I poured them and prepared the grill for the rib eyes. Then the steaks went on the grill.
ribeyecookc.jpg

ribeyecookd.jpg

After 3 minutes I moved them in a 45 degree angle, 3 minutes later and I flipped them.
ribeyecooke.jpg

They were just about ready to come off, my dog Leila was hoping a steak would fall
leilawaiting.jpg

and then the finished product, with blue cheese on top of the steak.
ribeyecookg.jpg

ribeyecookh.jpg

Have to work on the focus on my camera, but either way it was very tasty.

Steaks look great! Absolutely love blue chees or gorgonzola cheese on my steaks!! Really like the grill too.

Looks great! I bet they tasted as good as the pictures look! I like cooking my steaks the same way; 2 minutes, rotate 45 degrees for 2 more minutes; flip for 2 minutes, then rotate 45 degrees for 2 more minutes. They turn out rare, but that is okay for me and if my wife needs a little bit more, it doesn't take long! Think I learned that in the Weber cookbook?????

Nice job...

Looks great! I bet they tasted as good as the pictures look! I like cooking my steaks the same way; 2 minutes, rotate 45 degrees for 2 more minutes; flip for 2 minutes, then rotate 45 degrees for 2 more minutes. They turn out rare, but that is okay for me and if my wife needs a little bit more, it doesn't take long! Think I learned that in the Weber cookbook?????

Nice job...

I don't recall where I pick up the method, but it is almost always consistent. I love my steak rare, and even my wife will now enjoy a rare to medium rare steak. Before she wouldn't eat it if it was pink or as she called bloody. She has come to realize, that it is the best way to enjoy steak. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
nice steaks.
How about a couple more pics of the pit????
Would like to see the whole thing.

Back