The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brethren Road Trips (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Bbq in Louisville (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160936)

bigbeef24 05-15-2013 09:29 AM

Bbq in Louisville

Any recommendations for bbq in Louisville?

Thanks,

Bigbeef24

Big Pappa UDS

bigbeef24 05-18-2013 07:35 PM

The answer is Big R and Shannon's.

benniesdad 05-18-2013 08:22 PM

I have not been there in a number of years, but a place called Mark's Feed Store used to be awesome, their Burgoo in particular. It was off of Bardstown Road. My info might be dated, so I would recommend checking with someone local once you are there.

medeloach 05-18-2013 11:09 PM

Well, now that y'all are in the ACC...

...note that I'll be coming to Louisville every time Clemson plays the Cardinals. Y'all are welcome to join us for the tailgate. Speaking of, what's the tailgate scene like in Luoisville anyway? I'm fired up that y'all are coming too...bc I live in Columbus, OH. Between Louisville and Pitt, I've finally got some manageable drives to make during football season - in addition to my annual pilgrimage to God's country in upstate SC, of course... :wink:

Pappy Q 05-19-2013 04:52 AM

Unfortunately there is no good BBQ in Louisville. I've been here 10 years and haven't found any yet.

rajewest 05-19-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pappy Q (Post 2485881)
Unfortunately there is no good BBQ in Louisville. I've been here 10 years and haven't found any yet.

I live 60 miles east of Louisville, and 30 from Lexington, still searching myself. Originally from Georgia, went through major withdrawals after moving up here.

bluegrass smoke 05-19-2013 07:01 AM

There is NO good food in KY that we have found yet.

indianagriller 05-19-2013 07:07 AM

A place called Rob-A-Que just opened up in Louisville, he is a fellow competition cook.

jonboy 05-19-2013 07:39 AM

There are several bbq places in Louisville and the area around.
Here is a link to a map.
https://www.google.com/search?q=bbq+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Jucy's on lagrange road has been around for some time. If i remember right, he is a transplanted texas fellow. They do a nice job. They have an all you can eat ribs night
on mondays if that fits your schedule.

Marks Feed Store is nice sit down place. They have 6 or 7 locations now.

Doc Crows is downtown near the red basketball palace. I haven't been there yet.
Its a upscale oysters and bbq place.

Bootleg bbq has 2 places. Its a smaller, family run place. It has been hit or miss on my visits.

Famous Daves is available if you like his place.

Frankfort Avenue Beer Depot looks like a fun time if you like beer and bbq and picnic tables outside. If the weather is nice....
I haven't been here yet. Just recently heard of it.

Ed Lee has 610 Magnolia Restaurant. He just published "Smoke and Pickles". He is (respectfully) transplanted New York Korean Adopted-Kentuckian /Southerner with a deep respect for bourbon. He just opened another restaurant in the downtown theater area.

There are several trucks with bbq around town. If you see a hummer with a pit on the back, they serve a nice bbq taco.

There are a few more that escape my thinking now...

Louisville has a lot of different foods available...for a small city. If you find something outstanding let us know.

Jon

indianagriller 05-19-2013 04:51 PM

I forgot also, look up Oliver's Smokin BBQ he has a food truck and his stuff is pretty dang good...

Bourbon Barrel BBQ 05-19-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbeef24 (Post 2481513)
Any recommendations for bbq in Louisville?

Thanks,

Bigbeef24

Big Pappa UDS

I don't often go out for BBQ but when I do, I eat at Hammerheads.

/mostinterestingmaninlouisville

The Pigman 05-20-2013 06:42 AM

Porkchop on here sets up and sells BBQ in Louisville .....he has Juicy Butts BBQ. He is also on the BOD with Operation BBQ Relief.