BBQ Brethren "Throwdown"...Week 2

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Are you ready for a "Pron Throwdown"...?

This weeks challenge is..."Pork"...:p

Here are the rules...(in case you forgot)...

1) It has to be "Pork"...duh! :roll:
2) It has to be grilled or smoked...(comp cooked meats are ok too).
3) It has to be cooked during the current "throwdown" week...(Monday-Sunday)
4) All pics or descriptions (if you don't have a digital camera) must be submitted by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday.
5) 3 pics per entry max and one pic must contain the equipment cooked on.

The voting will begin on Tuesday...or whenever I (or anyone else) get around to posting the "vote" thread!

The winner (as determined by popular vote) will recieve a very special prize (not sure what yet...).

Good Luck...and have fun! :biggrin:

If you haven't submitted your "Beef Pron" for week 1...you have until I post the "Vote" thread...around 7:00 pm (Pacific) to do so...

Last edited:
The weekend will be here before you know it...don't forget your "Pork" for this weeks throwdown! :p

Now, I am assuming when we speak of Pork we will include or exclude the Rib portion of the pig? Just want to be clear on this.

If you didn't do the beef throw down can you get in on the pork?

Pork Throwdown Entry -Stuffed Hoisen Pork Rouladen

Ok, inspired by Pickled Pig's Beef Spiedinis and someone elses tenderloin rouladen (sp?) I decided to try something new. Found some pork cube steaks at the local wally world. Took them, pounded them flat and seasoned with salt, pepper, a little rub and placed a scallion, zucchini strip and half piece of string cheese inside.
100_1332.jpg
Rolled it up tight and did that 4 more times, then sprinkled again with rub on all 4 sides.
Put em on the grill on medium low heat, then about 5 minutes before they were done, started glazing with a homemade hoisen bbq sauce inspired by Steven Raichlen's Primal Grill.
View attachment 18027
Sliced and served with steamed white rice and home grown kohlrabi from the garden.
100_1337.jpg

I call them Stuffed Hoisen Pork Rouladen. They turned out great.

Enjoy

Attachments

• 100_1338.jpg
    100_1338.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 700
Last edited:
How about putting dates in these, so we know what official monday-sunday you mean specifically.

So JD, what is the SpammyQ penalty for posting 5 pics instead of the alloted 3 pics??????
If your not careful everyone will start breaking the rules.

When posting Pic's of the equipment cooked on...do you mean the entire cooker or just the grill grates? Details, I need more details Scotty! :rolleyes:

When posting Pic's of the equipment cooked on...do you mean the entire cooker or just the grill grates? Details, I need more details Scotty! :rolleyes:

Ya know...it really doesn't matter. I thought it would be a good idea to show what you used to cook on...(ala Bobby Flay)...but it's more about the food. I'm pretty loose when it comes to enforcing my own rules! :lol::lol::lol: The grates or a general shot in the backgroung (ala Rick)...whatever works for you.

You must wiat for the "villager's" ruling...they may have a different fate in store for you! :twisted:

How many idiots can one village employ?

Dis villager sez let him out early for good behavior.

Spammy, good looking grub there!

Well, this was suppost to be just a nice lil dinner but came out pretty good soooooooo, heres my entry for pork since i'll be gnawing on beef all weekend! :wink:

Cooking on.....what else?? :lol: Notice TBS!

By imn88fan

Got a rack of spares at the store for 99 cents a lb! Preseasoned but the price was right!

By imn88fan

Glazed with Sansonetti's Michigan Cherry sauce......farken fantastic with the Pecan smoke!

By imn88fan

I'll add a dinner plate shortly.
Nothin special but sure were yummy! :icon_smil

Back