• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "Around the World" Throwdown!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Around the World!"[/size]
kano-sign.jpg

...as chosen by Oldyote, the winner of the Brisket Appreciation Throwdown!

Here is how Oldyote envisions this Throwdown, along with an opportunity for a PRIZE!
Oldyote said:
How about we go Around the World. Seems like that hasn't been done for awhile.

Maybe we could ask for a picture of the place that inspired the dish with "bonus" points for including themselves in a shot from that place.

What if we said that I would send the winning entry my new favorite BBQ Sauce if we had at least 20 people participate or 20 entries (I'm not sure if people can submit more than one?).

So with that said, Rule #5 will be changed to THIS (this overrules the NORMAL rule #5 in the link to the rules)...
5. You may enter more than one dish, but only one picture from each dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 8/12 through Sunday 8/21.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 8/21.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 8/22 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Saturday 8/27. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Summer Hors D'ouevres and Cocktails Throwdown until Sunday night 8/14 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Wing Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Well, it's not OFFICIAL yet...:becky:

If I said what you said...well...then he would lose and he would say I jinxed him.

Then again...maybe YOU jinxed him!:shock::tsk:

No specific protein for this one? Ethnic, global and a part of my past? Sounds interesting!

I like it. I chose the Horse Doves and Cocktails theme because it should bring in some diverse entries. This theme should be even more wide open. :thumb:

CD

Aw hell, I must have read it wrong. I wonder if I can trade in these snails for a horse and some doves. Luckily it's not too hard to chase a rooster around the yard and snatch some feathers off its arse for some easy cocktails.

You guys are funny :heh:

I have an idea for this one :becky:

Forgot to mention that if you get more than 35 votes in any one throwdown you must submit your entry using one of these

Attachments

• 1_Camera.jpg
    1_Camera.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 154
How cool is that.....I'd certainly give it a try, if I could figure out how the darn thing worked :laugh:

I could use an "Around the world" right now. Oh...wrong place, sorry. But I still could really use one right now:becky:

I could use an "Around the world" right now. Oh...wrong place, sorry. But I still could really use one right now:becky:

I don't understand your post. Please explain? :confused:

CD

I have my travel photo picked out, and the food to go with it. I just don't know if I'll have time to do it before leaving for Monterey next week.

CD

I keep thinking about this picture and wonder if Gore might have some new ideas.

IMG_2818.jpg

Back