Cambro MPC 300 question

monty3777

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I know I have asked this before - or I think I did - but I can't find the thread (even after searching through all my past threads), so here goes again. Will a Cambro Camcarrier 300MPC hold all my competition briskets and butts? We usually cook 2 briskets and 2-4 butts. Is the 300 enough or do I need to get the UPC 400?

On my honor as a Speedo Swimwear model I will never ask this question again. Honest.:icon_shy

I beleive I have the 300 series and it will hold 4-2" hotel pans or 2-4" So I dont think it will hold all of what you are wanting to hold.

I have the MPC 300 and it will hold 3, 4 inch aluminum pans. Don't know how I competed without it for 3 years.

I have 6" full sized pans that I load up with block ice and usually can fit a couple 3" pans filled with meats in the MPC-400's. After the meats are on the cookers we fill the 6" pan with hot water and use it as the hot box. Ice on top/hot on the bottom.

We use a single 300. One of the teams we look up to uses a pair because they believe that the brisket cooks the pork when they are in the same Cambro.

In time we will add a second as well.

It depends on what you do with the pork butts as to whether all that will fit in the 300. Two briskets in their own trays and the butts, already pulled, should fit.

If you do not pull the butts, two (maybe three) could fit in a deep pan on the bottom with two shallow pans for the briskets on the top.

Benny

I would stick with the 400... In fact, I don't think I could pull it off with just 1-400... We also use them as cold boxes and then when one is empty we start heating it up... the second box comes in handy after turn-ins for storing the extra food for a while...

Back