5 Chucks & Ghost Chili Dill Pickles

4dueces

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
OK, I know it's not about BBQ, but I had 5 chuck roasts that will probably go bad before they were consumed, I'm lucky enough to have friends that riase the beef I purchase thus the extra roasts. So I decided to trim the fat off, cold pack and then can them by pressure cooking. This way they'll last a lot longer and easily warmed up at a later date.
IMG_0142.jpg

After I packed the jars
IMG_0144.jpg

After pressure cooking for 90 minutes. And the Ghost pepper dills behind the cannned beef.

IMG_0146.jpg

Thanks for lookin, I know it's not Q but I've noticed some of you have talked about also having pressure cookers.

I'm always interested in Various Methods of Cooking...
Thanx for Sharing...

Looking good there Fitz! We broke down and opened a jar last night of the jalapenos you sent. Couldn't wait any longer. Redhot was an INSTANT fan and started loading her bowl of greens with the pickled peppers. I thought they were pretty awesome myself. :becky::thumb::thumb:

Looking good there Fitz! We broke down and opened a jar last night of the jalapenos you sent. Couldn't wait any longer. Redhot was an INSTANT fan and started loading her bowl of greens with the pickled peppers. I thought they were pretty awesome myself. :becky::thumb::thumb:

Glad you both like them. Easy to make. Now if you want to try some of these :mad2: Ghost Dills :mad2: let me know.

That is slick.:thumb: Just picked up a pressure canner , but haven't broken it in yet.

That is slick.:thumb: Just picked up a pressure canner , but haven't broken it in yet.

Tang,

I made some of the roast beef 2 years ago, just opened a jar last week. Surprised myself as to how good it is, tender and juicy. Nuked it and served open faced on some bread. Try it, you'll like it.

Glad you both like them. Easy to make. Now if you want to try some of these :mad2: Ghost Dills :mad2: let me know.
We put up a dozen jars in August of whole and sliced jalapenos, and whole okra with jalapeno and have to wait another couple months. The okra I'm really interested in. Now...about those ghost peppers.:shock:

Okra and peppers? Ghost peppers and pickles. Sounds great. Too bad I don't have any friends that have some to share. Poor, poor me :)

Looks good, Fritz!

Back