The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Prime Brisket at Costco Cheap (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174661)

SoulinyourSauce 11-05-2013 09:42 AM

Prime Brisket at Costco Cheap

I was at Costco in south Saint Louis and they have prime brisket for 2.79 a pound. I had to grab one. Don't know if they have any left but go grab one if they are still around. Thank me later.

HeSmellsLikeSmoke 11-05-2013 09:55 AM

A full packer? Ours only have flats so don't even look anymore.

Concept Que 11-05-2013 10:02 AM

I always get my briskets from Costco - full packers. Great price and quality meat. Every once in awhile they won't have some and I just go and ask the butcher there to check. Sometimes they are sold out, but sometimes they have some in the back as well.

jimthibodeau 11-05-2013 12:57 PM

I talked with the Costco meat manager here in MI.. he said that full packers for brisket aren't sold east of the Mississippi. He can't even order them.

Same goes for Tri-tips.. he can't get them.

Uncle JJ 11-05-2013 01:59 PM

I get tri-tips at Costco here in ATL. Never seen packers here though. Only flats.

SoulinyourSauce 11-06-2013 01:01 PM

They were full packers. Never seen prime brisket there before.

DriverWild 11-06-2013 02:18 PM

If you're looking, they aren't with or near the choice briskets. You might have to hunt around a bit. At least that's the way it is in my store. They like to move them around a little too. What blows my mind is choice is priced more than double prime. Even if it is trimmed up a bit that's just crazy!

Terry The Toad 11-06-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimthibodeau (Post 2682399)
I talked with the Costco meat manager here in MI.. he said that full packers for brisket aren't sold east of the Mississippi. He can't even order them.

I believe it. I've never asked... but I've never seen them at my Costco. They only have flats.

GrillsGoneWild 11-06-2013 04:02 PM

I saw those Primes this past weekend when I popped in there for some dog food. Unfortunately I don't have any room in the freezer for anymore brisket. I guess I need to smoke some up to make room....

swibirun 11-06-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Weird, our Costco in Knoxville, TN has tri-tips. Well they have both times I have been there since they opened this year. Now I'll go back tomorrow to see about that brisket....

tatonka3a2 11-06-2013 05:41 PM

Good buy! Our Sams club has the packers every now and again, but never for that price.

don24 11-06-2013 05:45 PM

wish I had a Costco around here

Bgoods 11-06-2013 08:04 PM

The Costco in Eden Prairie, MN has had Prime packers for $2.59/lb for the last month or so. They are well worth it!

Unfathomable Bastid 11-08-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Really sad about this. I keep asking the meat manager at my local Costco (Commerce, MI) and he just shrugs at me, and says he doesn't know anything about it. I'm like -- dude, people are buying prime packer-cut briskets at Costco! Work with me!

Apparently it's not gonna happen. :cry:

-Bastid

FyrPit 12-06-2013 09:36 PM

Picked up 3 full packer Excel Primes at Costco this week for $2.69 a pound. Going to give them a try. They don't look to bad, and for the price thought it would be worth smokin'