• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Results October 9-10, 2009 Mulberry Fine Swine At The Pit - Mulberry, FL (FBA)

I'm in. Our season goes pretty much year round, but I guess it is the start of the Fall season.

I know how you guys work Swamp Boys! I've heard there is going to be at least 30+ teams out there. The fall season should be the only season to cook BBQ in Florida!

Sherman will be there and is allowing me to come along :lol:

Just for the record, the FBA season ends in Dec of each year and starts up in Jan. :lol:
During the summer months, one of those big azz RVs or custom built red trailers with Air Conditioning is the ticket.
But, the rest of us mere mortals keep on cooking anyway.

Looking forward to seeing all the Brethren there!
Mrs Kapn will probably have some desert on Fri night.

TIM

Rubmetender.....good job @ the fine swine. Had a good time but realized it is definitely something that is taken more serious than we thought.

Congrats to RUB on the GC as well as (3) 1st place category wins!!

[SIZE=+2]Almost a Grand Slam![/SIZE] 1st place in Chicken, Pork, and Brisket, Grand Champion, all that was missing was a 1st place in Ribs and Rob Bagby's Swamp Boys would have had a Grand Slam at Mulberry this weekend. The missing
mulberry_grand.gif
1st place was Ribs, taken by Munchees Smokehouse by two-tenths of a point over Forrest's Fine Foods, who was the Reserve Grand Champion.
mulberry_by_grand.gif
In the Backyard division, Team Unknown won Grand by 15 points over Boca BBQ with a 1st place in Brisket and a 2nd in Ribs. A total of 22 Pro teams and 17 Backyard teams braved
temperatures just shy of 100 degrees to make the 6th annual Fine Swine At The Pit a rousing success. Both the Pro and Backyard scores and photos can be seen here.

Thanks guys, and congrats to Foster for RGC.
Congrats to everyone who survived heat :icon_devil

Congrats To Rub and Forrest

Man I guess my ability to read is failing,I thought this contest was to be in Fall. 97 degrees with a heat index of 103 is not fall weather. Congrats to all that got calls and a big congrats to the Swamp Boys,three firsts. WOW!

Atta boy Rub...now, just carry that momentum on up to Lynchburg with you! Congrats to all that got calls!

We had a great time, and it was nice to see some familiar faces out there. I havent seen heat like that in years. Nothing like stoking a stick burner when it's 100 outside.

Back