The new addition to the family

garyk1398

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Brought her home this afternoon and could wait to give it a go. My rich uncle bought an Amerique and gave me his "old" (1997) Cookshack SM055:cool::lol:

BB's are smoking as i type, pron to follow.
Here it is...

Last edited:
May God bless rich uncles. That's like a $1000.00 unit or what? :shock: We had one at the Holiday Inn where I cooked. It worked great.

May God bless rich uncles. That's like a $1000.00 unit or what? :shock:
Trucky1008, advised that since it isn't all stainless steel, probably closer to the $700 range. I'm not really sure only thing I know is that I'm really happy. Cracked open a Shiner Hefeweizen to celebrate:biggrin:

Nice score Gary, you're gonna be real happy with the Que that puppy produces! Maybe you should bring some of those ribs to work on Monday so I can make sure that CS is cooking okay! :biggrin:

I suppose I could search it out and find out how it works, but I feel lazy today. Is it electric?

Your going to love that thing.
Congrats on your gift.

i have to get a real pit soon. never had one that I wanted. always what i could get from family for free.

Dang nice gift you got right there now. I'd love to have one myself.

You can never complain about free, especially when aforemention "free" refrences a nice smoker.

I just came across one of those the other day, Looks like it was maybe not used quite so much. What do you think it is worth?

Congrats on the addition Gary!! You will love that smoker. Howd the BB's turn out??

Congrats on the addition Gary!! You will love that smoker. Howd the BB's turn out??
I didn't post pron because I was a little disappointed wit h the lack of a smoke ring. Trucky says it won't happen with a CS and I kinda shocked.:eek:
Also, I smoked them for 3hrs plus another 1 hr in foil (juiced with AJ and vinny). Not a tender as I like them to be. :|Flavor was ok, darker bark than what I expected, so I guess I'll have to ask some CS owners for some insight.

Gary,
I never felt the need to foil when using my CS. It's a very moist environment, in fact there's been times where I've opened the door to relase moisture. I would suggest taking them 4 hours next time and adjust from there. Most of my rib cooks with the CS have taken 4-5 hours. Since the cooker uses an electric element for the heat source you won't get a smoke ring. You could always throw a briquet in the firebox if you needed to see a smoke ring.

Back